• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's products at HiveWire

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Hi Sparky. Just got your BoneZ. Any possibility of adding muscles to the skeleton? It will turn it into a monster and yet look natural!
Couldn't a muscle texture and bump map be added to the dessicated skin as it is now.....or was that what you meant?

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Hi Sparky. Just got your BoneZ. Any possibility of adding muscles to the skeleton? It will turn it into a monster and yet look natural!
Couldn't a muscle texture and bump map be added to the dessicated skin as it is now.....or was that what you meant?

I think he's wanting a big cat ecorche model, or something "monstrous" to that effect. I would actually be pretty enthusiastic about putting work in on something like that, except the skeleton itself wasn't a big seller. I don't think animal anatomy models are very popular. :-S

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think at some point having an artist do a set of muscle skin would be cool. In DS you could load up a Geo Shell, load up the cats main texture and then make some transparency areas of it to show some of the muscle under it and do some transparency to allow some of your bone model show through. Instant Zombie cat! lol

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I think he's wanting a big cat ecorche model, or something "monstrous" to that effect. I would actually be pretty enthusiastic about putting work in on something like that, except the skeleton itself wasn't a big seller. I don't think animal anatomy models are very popular. :-S
Yeah really a specific ly acquired taste. It will be used from time to time unless one is doing a series where it is included. But really cool dear!
The problem is limitations of funds. We tend to spend on things we can get the most use out for the least amount of cash investment and the rest on an as-needed basis.
But I think creating texture and bumps for the desiccated cat skin could be a,good solution not requiring a complete reinvention of the wheel. Sorta like the muscle maps for the mil2 and mil4 figures. By adding some trans maps to allow bones to show through in judiciously thought out areas it might work as a simple stop gap to fall back on.....no?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I still have to get Bonez and Skelecat but until I get a job I just can't afford them :( They are awesome products!

Harimau

Eager
Sad to know that your skeleton is not selling well. I guess muscle textures/maps probably will not sell as well. I understand where you are at. Anyway, will be looking forwards to your Indricotherium (Paraceratheriun), hopefully in the near future.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sad to know that your skeleton is not selling well. I guess muscle textures/maps probably will not sell as well. I understand where you are at. Anyway, will be looking forwards to your Indricotherium (Paraceratheriun), hopefully in the near future.
There have been a few horse skeletons for example, the Sixus ravaged horse from his cirque macabre set a lifetime ago and at least two more from our Asian content creators whose name I am sorry I no longer recall. I picked up most of them. I think one of them also made a cat skeleton but not sure,couldn't afford it at the time. So this cat skeleton is cool but I can see not having broad appeal. It is pretty niche product in a community where softer less dark art is more common.
Sometimes a product like this beautiful skeleton could sell better if art of a theme or series. Like what Sixus did with his old Cirque Macabre where many items were created to sell separately to work alone or together u dear the macabre circus tent idea.
If I could model I would for instance, create, something like a big cat but not a recognizable species more like a fantasy war cat and offer morphs and textures and tac for it as well as add-on vehicles. The idea being if you show a variety of ways it can be used more diverse user base might see something they can use it for.

When I go to Renderosity for instance, sometimes the few sample product images used to market the product are not enough to give me a good taste of what the product really can be used for. It sometimes isn't until I look through the product gallery that I get a better idea seeing how it was used by others and it is usually those images that will sell it.
There are too many single use stand alone products out there as there have always been, that get released without further support or add-on expansion products that just die for lack of clarity or growth options and support really.
I think the cat skeleton could be one of those kind of products.....beautiful but when and how will I be able to use it?
Just a thought.........

Hornet3d

Wise
There have been a few horse skeletons for example, the Sixus ravaged horse from his cirque macabre set a lifetime ago and at least two more from our Asian content creators whose name I am sorry I no longer recall. I picked up most of them. I think one of them also made a cat skeleton but not sure,couldn't afford it at the time. So this cat skeleton is cool but I can see not having broad appeal. It is pretty niche product in a community where softer less dark art is more common.
Sometimes a product like this beautiful skeleton could sell better if art of a theme or series. Like what Sixus did with his old Cirque Macabre where many items were created to sell separately to work alone or together u dear the macabre circus tent idea.
If I could model I would for instance, create, something like a big cat but not a recognizable species more like a fantasy war cat and offer morphs and textures and tac for it as well as add-on vehicles. The idea being if you show a variety of ways it can be used more diverse user base might see something they can use it for.

When I go to Renderosity for instance, sometimes the few sample product images used to market the product are not enough to give me a good taste of what the product really can be used for. It sometimes isn't until I look through the product gallery that I get a better idea seeing how it was used by others and it is usually those images that will sell it.
There are too many single use stand alone products out there as there have always been, that get released without further support or add-on expansion products that just die for lack of clarity or growth options and support really.
I think the cat skeleton could be one of those kind of products.....beautiful but when and how will I be able to use it?
Just a thought.........

One of the reasons that a good gallery so important to a marketplace. It is not until potential customers have seen how others use it that many decide to buy. Also such galleries often generate ideas for renders and customers are for more likely to buy if they have an immediate use for a product. It is great to have good looking renders for the promos but some will be unsure how a product will work in their hands and seeing good renders from people other than the vendor can also encourage others spend their hard earned cash.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Agree. Just wish more vendors added a. Gallery section to their product pages for immediate reference to their products used by other users. It works nicely for me at Renderosity, which to my limited knowledge is the only site using this great marketing tool.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Maybe now that the base is at DAZ there will be more traffic here looking for add-ons. Maybe someone (I would if I had them) should do a render with the Big Cat and Skelecat/Bonez (or both) and put it over there in their Gallery.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Maybe now that the base is at DAZ there will be more traffic here looking for add-ons. Maybe someone (I would if I had them) should do a render with the Big Cat and Skelecat/Bonez (or both) and put it over there in their Gallery.

^.^

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
You know how they say programmers are just machines for converting pizza to code? Well, I'm a modeller, and I convert candy, action figures, and 90s music into digital characters! Or maybe someone should call for help.

HELP_ME.jpg

Free cookie to anyone who can identify all the weird stuff... ;-)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Harry Potter fan? ohhh are those Reese Cups too? I like those skull nailpolish bottles. I couldn't stand the monitor so far away tho, I'd never see it :p