1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Sparky's products at HiveWire

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Sparky, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Sparky

Sparky Monster Maker Contributing Artist

It is one of my obsessions... ;-)

Sooooo many Reese cups! :):sick::whistling:

Sometimes HotTopic has the things I NEED. ROFL

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this desk. I'm hoping to make some changes to my workspace soon.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the same. ;-)

Rae134 likes this.
  2. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

I'm sure there's a jar of Vegemite hidden in amongst that lot somewhere :geek:

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

If I can find a working camera I'll get a pic of my new work space. It is soooo nice having a partner who is not only good at making stuff but gets the whole 3D thing even if most of it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over his head lol

Rae134 likes this.
  4. Sparky

Can't say as there is. Vegemite is hard to come by 'round here. Wouldn't mind if I came by some, though. Stuff is the real black gold. ;-)

Lucky! I have to do all the making stuff AND 3D things around here! LOL

5. Dreamer

Yeah I am lucky, Sam is constantly but gently pushing me to push my self in what I can do and if making me a new desk makes it easier to work on stuff he'll happily spend his days off working on it for me :) Plus he is stating to dip his toes into the 3D waters lol

6. Sparky

That's great, Dreamer! It's always nice to have people around you who know what you're talking about. Plus, you can "teach" him, by getting him to do all the tedious stuff for you. Wax on; wax off, Grasshopper! LOL

7. Dreamer

LOL I had thought of that, get him to do the Daz Studio stuff so I can keep what's left of my sanity.....yeah right lol

8. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

My desk is nowhere near as cluttered but you should see the rest of the room:rolleyes:.

9. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Great to have some one so supportive. My wife has no idea what I do in the the sense of building a scene but when it comes to my renders she has a keen eye and knows what she likes and why.

10. Dreamer

It makes a world of difference

11. Dreamer

12. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

13. Sparky

I got burnout on the horse characters, and started playing in ZBrush at random. It turns out, I wanted to model some tack for Harry. My inspiration came from some reference images @carmen indorato posted previously and one of the action figures sitting on my desk, lol! No idea when/if I'll finish it, but I thought I'd share. ;-)

ZGrab03.jpg

Carey, RAMWolff and Rae134 like this.
  14. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Oh please finish it!

Just a little thing before you get too into it. The saddle looks a little too far back.

15. Sparky

Yeah, the saddle and pelt are both really rough sketches. I kept sculpting, resculpting, and deleting the saddle, mostly because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it before I settled on the "basically nothing" type of saddle. Still not happy with it, and will probably scrap it again before it's over. But to your point, I agree that it isn't sitting in quite the right spot. Plus it needs something for those straps to be attached to. ;-)

I want to add feet to the pelt like it has in the reference image carmen posted, too.

Rae134 likes this.
  16. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I wish the wings were out so I could see where they land, it actually might be in the right spot if the wings were in the way of a normal saddle. buuuuttttt the strap in front of the strap would be in the way :p

17. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Cool, Sparky!

18. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

'

Patience, Grasshopper...almost out. ;)

Rae134 likes this.
  19. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Looks good dear. Which image I posted got to you? Create it like you saw it.....make it easy.
    Though it looks cool I would love to see the pelt completed and the straps though I love greatLy, couLed be reset fewer in numbers and as a rope or cord with feathers and bits of bone and beads hanging from it pelt a bit wider as the only "saddle" with a more primative bridle of knotted rope and it make a lovely barbarian native horse tac.

20. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Though the straps look attached to me except that rear one which can be attached with a big ring, attach the straps with rings and leather loops fastened with buckles to the saddle or even the pelt. Stretch the areas of the pelt and apply the straps that way so the straps look like they hold the pelt in place. I can see thick lion or wolf pelt there with animal teeth hanging in decoration in various places as well as included paws. Also see the horse as a smaller stockier breed furry pelted and long maned and tailed Mongolian breed (saw the documentary "EAGLE HUNTRESS" of the first young girl/woman to ever become an eagle huntress of her people in modern Mongolia, where women are supposed to be kept at home doing their prescribed duties instead of riding around o a horse with a 15 to 20 pound beautiful GoAlden Eagle on their arms hunting fox) and it made me think again about wanting one of there older pony/horse breeds, which seemed decked out the same way. In fact making a whole a set for Harry, Dawn, Dusk and Luna as a family of native Kasaks surrounded with their native wares and stylistic nomadic home would be a great Bundle to market!
    Sorry my brain is bleeding and still in bed at 12:07 AM no coffee trying to get my fingers to work on this damn iPad....GOD I HATE TYPING !!!!!!!!!!