• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's products at HiveWire

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Harry Potter fan?

It is one of my obsessions... ;-)

ohhh are those Reese Cups too?

Sooooo many Reese cups! :):sick::whistling:

I like those skull nailpolish bottles.

Sometimes HotTopic has the things I NEED. ROFL

I couldn't stand the monitor so far away tho, I'd never see it :p

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this desk. I'm hoping to make some changes to my workspace soon.

LOL yep ;) The only reason my desk is not in a like state is the fact it got dismantled and remade not so long age and all the odds and ends have yet to migrate back

Hopefully I'll be able to do the same. ;-)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
If I can find a working camera I'll get a pic of my new work space. It is soooo nice having a partner who is not only good at making stuff but gets the whole 3D thing even if most of it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over his head lol

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I'm sure there's a jar of Vegemite hidden in amongst that lot somewhere :geek:

Can't say as there is. Vegemite is hard to come by 'round here. Wouldn't mind if I came by some, though. Stuff is the real black gold. ;-)

If I can find a working camera I'll get a pic of my new work space. It is soooo nice having a partner who is not only good at making stuff but gets the whole 3D thing even if most of it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over his head lol

Lucky! I have to do all the making stuff AND 3D things around here! LOL

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Can't say as there is. Vegemite is hard to come by 'round here. Wouldn't mind if I came by some, though. Stuff is the real black gold. ;-)

Lucky! I have to do all the making stuff AND 3D things around here! LOL
Yeah I am lucky, Sam is constantly but gently pushing me to push my self in what I can do and if making me a new desk makes it easier to work on stuff he'll happily spend his days off working on it for me :) Plus he is stating to dip his toes into the 3D waters lol

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
That's great, Dreamer! It's always nice to have people around you who know what you're talking about. Plus, you can "teach" him, by getting him to do all the tedious stuff for you. Wax on; wax off, Grasshopper! LOL

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
That's great, Dreamer! It's always nice to have people around you who know what you're talking about. Plus, you can "teach" him, by getting him to do all the tedious stuff for you. Wax on; wax off, Grasshopper! LOL
LOL I had thought of that, get him to do the Daz Studio stuff so I can keep what's left of my sanity.....yeah right lol

Hornet3d

Wise
You know how they say programmers are just machines for converting pizza to code? Well, I'm a modeller, and I convert candy, action figures, and 90s music into digital characters! Or maybe someone should call for help.

View attachment 27734

Free cookie to anyone who can identify all the weird stuff... ;-)

My desk is nowhere near as cluttered but you should see the rest of the room:rolleyes:.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yeah I am lucky, Sam is constantly but gently pushing me to push my self in what I can do and if making me a new desk makes it easier to work on stuff he'll happily spend his days off working on it for me :) Plus he is stating to dip his toes into the 3D waters lol

Great to have some one so supportive. My wife has no idea what I do in the the sense of building a scene but when it comes to my renders she has a keen eye and knows what she likes and why.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Great to have some one so supportive. My wife has no idea what I do in the the sense of building a scene but when it comes to my renders she has a keen eye and knows what she likes and why.
It makes a world of difference

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I got burnout on the horse characters, and started playing in ZBrush at random. It turns out, I wanted to model some tack for Harry. My inspiration came from some reference images @carmen indorato posted previously and one of the action figures sitting on my desk, lol! No idea when/if I'll finish it, but I thought I'd share. ;-)

ZGrab03.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh please finish it!

Just a little thing before you get too into it. The saddle looks a little too far back.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Yeah, the saddle and pelt are both really rough sketches. I kept sculpting, resculpting, and deleting the saddle, mostly because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it before I settled on the "basically nothing" type of saddle. Still not happy with it, and will probably scrap it again before it's over. But to your point, I agree that it isn't sitting in quite the right spot. Plus it needs something for those straps to be attached to. ;-)

I want to add feet to the pelt like it has in the reference image carmen posted, too.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wish the wings were out so I could see where they land, it actually might be in the right spot if the wings were in the way of a normal saddle. buuuuttttt the strap in front of the strap would be in the way :p

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I got burnout on the horse characters, and started playing in ZBrush at random. It turns out, I wanted to model some tack for Harry. My inspiration came from some reference images @carmen indorato posted previously and one of the action figures sitting on my desk, lol! No idea when/if I'll finish it, but I thought I'd share. ;-)

View attachment 27853
Looks good dear. Which image I posted got to you? Create it like you saw it.....make it easy.
Though it looks cool I would love to see the pelt completed and the straps though I love greatLy, couLed be reset fewer in numbers and as a rope or cord with feathers and bits of bone and beads hanging from it pelt a bit wider as the only "saddle" with a more primative bridle of knotted rope and it make a lovely barbarian native horse tac.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yeah, the saddle and pelt are both really rough sketches. I kept sculpting, resculpting, and deleting the saddle, mostly because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it before I settled on the "basically nothing" type of saddle. Still not happy with it, and will probably scrap it again before it's over. But to your point, I agree that it isn't sitting in quite the right spot. Plus it needs something for those straps to be attached to. ;-)

I want to add feet to the pelt like it has in the reference image carmen posted, too.
Though the straps look attached to me except that rear one which can be attached with a big ring, attach the straps with rings and leather loops fastened with buckles to the saddle or even the pelt. Stretch the areas of the pelt and apply the straps that way so the straps look like they hold the pelt in place. I can see thick lion or wolf pelt there with animal teeth hanging in decoration in various places as well as included paws. Also see the horse as a smaller stockier breed furry pelted and long maned and tailed Mongolian breed (saw the documentary "EAGLE HUNTRESS" of the first young girl/woman to ever become an eagle huntress of her people in modern Mongolia, where women are supposed to be kept at home doing their prescribed duties instead of riding around o a horse with a 15 to 20 pound beautiful GoAlden Eagle on their arms hunting fox) and it made me think again about wanting one of there older pony/horse breeds, which seemed decked out the same way. In fact making a whole a set for Harry, Dawn, Dusk and Luna as a family of native Kasaks surrounded with their native wares and stylistic nomadic home would be a great Bundle to market!
Sorry my brain is bleeding and still in bed at 12:07 AM no coffee trying to get my fingers to work on this damn iPad....GOD I HATE TYPING !!!!!!!!!!