• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I normally don't render animals, but now I have kitty... ^__^

HuntingKitty_1200.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Great renders everyone...

@Stezza, love the Carrara fur especially the second one looks a bit like a lioness.

I hadn't seen the Daz thread prior to reading comments here, must say there are some comments that make you wonder. I'm happy to be called a fanperson though as I'm definitely a fan of what you're doing here with Kitty and other things...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yep! Cub is coming up soon; we are already working on the cougar; we've talked about how we want to approach doing the lion mane (and given that lions are super special to me, they are also a hot ticket on my list:), I am going to work on a snow leopard coat- that one will be my "take as long as it takes to make it perfect" though, so it might be a bit! Def want to do the tiger sooner rather than later too. The easier thing about these is we don't have all the Harry mane, tail and fetlocks to deal with for each breed morph and those morphs varying more, so ideally the kitties should go faster at least in that department. The more solid colored kitties are def easier for me, the the tiger should go faster than say the leopard or snow leopard. def have talked about a bobcat and/or lynx. Likely a cheetah down the road. And of course we are working on little kitty too:)

Yeah one can get that in package with the DBC2 but I would rather have the morphs done with more care and attention to detail.
Well I know Chris will do amazing things with the morphs for the various breeds, you with your unbelievable maps and if Paul needs to pop in some extra hidden helpers ... it will all be great. Just keep in mind that your all under allot of scrutiny from folks "over there". Ken is now bragging about Alex's modeling skills and how much better theirs will be! lmao

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
We are talking about taking a quite different approach to the lion mane to what has been done before. I think you will all be very surprised:) As to rendering, while it is way way too early to actually know, I am guessing it will be similar to or less resource intensive than running Harry's mane.
Yeah I ALWAYS postworked the lion's mane on the old MBC. Didn't even bother to render the mane- just used my Mane N Tail products to create my manes in Photoshop.
Speaking about Harry's mane, is there a way to improve upon the "ribbon effect" when posing it? I thought about this the other day like a morph that locks down the first few rows of poly's that come out of the neck so that weird separation thing doesn't happen. It really does look odd and not everyone likes doing post work. Just an observation... and perhaps a suggestion.. :geek:

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I couldn't resist this leopard! It is so awesomely realistic & moves/poses beautifuly! Just like a real big cat! Thank you Chris, Paul & Laurie for the great job you have all done in creating this magical creature!

The Black-necked Agama that has deceived this leopard is from Africa. It will be available in an upcoming volume of Nature's Wonders Lizards of the World.

HiveWire credits:

HiveWire Big Cat by CGCubed, Christopher Creek Art & CWRW

Nature's Wonders Lizards of the World Vol 2 (Black-necked Agama) by Ken Gilliland
SBRM Africa (Black Headed Weaver) by Ken Gilliland
Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 1 (Oleander Hawkmoth) by Ken Gilliland

Soft Glory Skies by PhotoGG
African Lily by Lisa Botanicals
Moss by Lisa's Botanicals

Deception

Deception.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Well I know Chris will do amazing things with the morphs for the various breeds, you with your unbelievable maps and if Paul needs to pop in some extra hidden helpers ... it will all be great. Just keep in mind that your all under allot of scrutiny from folks "over there". Ken is now bragging about Alex's modeling skills and how much better theirs will be! lmao

Interesting to me that the DAZ Big Cat has been long in the tooth for so long now, and the work that I've seen produced with fur to support their existing Big Cats and Black Panther and such still seems to be a bit lack luster. Of course that's just my opinion, what do I know? It seems that many folks still dig it. I don't know how in the world more fur is going to make up for modeling, rigging, morphing, and texture map shortcomings. Any new team of artists willing to take on such an endeavor will have to create their OWN strong base to work from. Other wise it's just icing on a poorly made cake.

I find the timing is interesting also seeing that suddenly we're now producing Big Cats and a House Cat, Dog, Dragon and Wolf to come. The more the merrier I suppose. Let the customer decide with their pocket book.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Speaking about Harry's mane, is there a way to improve upon the "ribbon effect" when posing it? I thought about this the other day like a morph that locks down the first few rows of poly's that come out of the neck so that weird separation thing doesn't happen. It really does look odd and not everyone likes doing post work. Just an observation... and perhaps a suggestion.. :geek:

Paul can answer this better, but there are morphs added in for exactly this concern. To curve the sheets down and to broaden them to cover for voids when the neck is bent.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I couldn't resist this leopard! It is so awesomely realistic & moves/poses beautifuly! Just like a real big cat! Thank you Chris, Paul & Laurie for the great job you have all done in creating this magical creature!

The Black-necked Agama that has deceived this leopard is from Africa. It will be available in an upcoming volume of Nature's Wonders Lizards of the World.

HiveWire credits:

HiveWire Big Cat by CGCubed, Christopher Creek Art & CWRW

Nature's Wonders Lizards of the World Vol 2 (Black-necked Agama) by Ken Gilliland
SBRM Africa (Black Headed Weaver) by Ken Gilliland
Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 1 (Oleander Hawkmoth) by Ken Gilliland

Soft Glory Skies by PhotoGG
African Lily by Lisa Botanicals
Moss by Lisa's Botanicals

Deception

View attachment 14237

This is so good. So rich, so full, so beautiful. So expressive! Just... so full of non-suckatude!!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Interesting to me that the DAZ Big Cat has been long in the tooth for so long now, and the work that I've seen produced with fur to support their existing Big Cats and Black Panther and such still seems to be a bit lack luster. Of course that's just my opinion, what do I know? It seems that many folks still dig it. I don't know how in the world more fur is going to make up for modeling, rigging, morphing, and texture map shortcomings. Any new team of artists willing to take on such an endeavor will have to create their OWN strong base to work from. Other wise it's just icing on a poorly made cake.

I find the timing is interesting also seeing that suddenly we're now producing Big Cats and a House Cat, Dog, Dragon and Wolf to come. The more the merrier I suppose. Let the customer decide with their pocket book.

Some folks just don't like competition, Chris. Like you said, let the customer decide.