• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
FABULOUS renders, one and all. Some made me laugh they were so adorable.

I have to say the reception over at DAZ forums is very good. There was one poster that had some remarks but most folks are happy with the very very noticeable improvements over the DAZ Big Cat 2. We need breeds though, lots of them.

Yeah, several of us have been watching that thread over there. Looks like you, Stezza, Tparo, JOdel, and a few others have been very helpful.

As to waiting for me to get breed shapes completed. There's a lot more to it then just my modeling abilities. I am just one modeler, but I have a bunch of animal shapes done that are waiting for next steps from other highly skilled artists.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
We are talking about taking a quite different approach to the lion mane to what has been done before. I think you will all be very surprised:) As to rendering, while it is way way too early to actually know, I am guessing it will be similar to or less resource intensive than running Harry's mane.
Yeah I ALWAYS postworked the lion's mane on the old MBC. Didn't even bother to render the mane- just used my Mane N Tail products to create my manes in Photoshop.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yep! Cub is coming up soon; we are already working on the cougar; we've talked about how we want to approach doing the lion mane (and given that lions are super special to me, they are also a hot ticket on my list:), I am going to work on a snow leopard coat- that one will be my "take as long as it takes to make it perfect" though, so it might be a bit! Def want to do the tiger sooner rather than later too. The easier thing about these is we don't have all the Harry mane, tail and fetlocks to deal with for each breed morph and those morphs varying more, so ideally the kitties should go faster at least in that department. The more solid colored kitties are def easier for me, the the tiger should go faster than say the leopard or snow leopard. def have talked about a bobcat and/or lynx. Likely a cheetah down the road. And of course we are working on little kitty too:)

Yeah one can get that in package with the DBC2 but I would rather have the morphs done with more care and attention to detail.

Well said. Not going to just through together some morph shapes and call it good for another breed. We're going to try our best to do it right. We have a great team right now on these breed shapes and the Cougar is progressing well, as is the House cat.

HiveWire will follow the interests that Laurie has. Her map work is so incredible we want to create for what she's passionate about creating as well. So... Cub, House Cat, Kitten, Cougar, Lion, Lioness, Lion Cub and what ever else she'd be willing to map, and if that's Snow Leopard next... then great.

We all agree that these cat breeds should go faster then the breeds for Harry, and we can still have them done right.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I took a break from redoing Stephen's pants to play!

Intent.jpg

Bunch of morphs dialed all over the place. And then ... I dove into all the body parts and scaled them up to elongate her body, legs, and tail, as well as giving her bigger paws and head. First time using lizzie too. Lizzie is part gecko and part Gila and a few other dial spins.

And then ... I filtered the heck out of the renders.

I don't know if I read the DAZ thread y'all are referring to. If so ... what a strange comment that was. But ... we are all entitled to our opinions, right? Although, makes me wonder if he really actually looked at the HiveWire Big Cat or if he mistook some other cat for our this precious bit of fur!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yeah, several of us have been watching that thread over there. Looks like you, Stezza, Tparo, JOdel, and a few others have been very helpful.

As to waiting for me to get breed shapes completed. There's a lot more to it then just my modeling abilities. I am just one modeler, but I have a bunch of animal shapes done that are waiting for next steps from other highly skilled artists.

Bigger for sure, better? ......... dunno some hard acts to follow!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
We are talking about taking a quite different approach to the lion mane to what has been done before. I think you will all be very surprised:) As to rendering, while it is way way too early to actually know, I am guessing it will be similar to or less resource intensive than running Harry's mane.
Yeah I ALWAYS postworked the lion's mane on the old MBC. Didn't even bother to render the mane- just used my Mane N Tail products to create my manes in Photoshop.

I've been wondering about that little tuft at the end of the lions tail if you couldn't modify the Unicorn tail hair to possibly act as such with the lion?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I just posted 2 of my PoserPro 11 renders. ;)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Loving the renders every one, I really want to add this kittkat to my runtime but it will be a while as work has dried up and nothing new in site :(

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Lovely, Traci & Miss B!

Dreamer, hope things work out so you can get Kitty soon!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Thanks Alisa, in between job hunting I am looking at doing a spot of content creating. See if I can get a bit of coin that way, some thing will come up some where