• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Darryl

Adventurous
Beautiful renders all around!! @Inkipolony great concept there!! =)
Humm........ and I now have the strange Urge to create some Thunder Cat type chars.

Looks awesome there on Diva Pen and great use of BlueBirds outfit!

Just a few teasers there will be two characters with the Jungle Kids Taji and Zan.
View attachment 14172
I also have this artistic render, but I need to switch the cat out with our awesomely sculpted, rigged, and textured one!! Also once the wolf gets done you guys can almost have the whole Jungle Book of Characters!! The later two are the Zan and Taji mats on Diva with the loincloth and Dusk mid length hair and a few dial spins/morphs.
View attachment 14171 View attachment 14173View attachment 14176

Those kids look great. The first one looks like Dusk to me. Aren't these Diva characters?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My hubby needed the Surface Tablet back for work so he Frankensteined me a desktop to use.

I thought for sure it would have to be better than the Tablet cause its got a nvidia card but nope, still takes over an hour to do a basic small render :( (and I went to 4.9 because it was supposed to have some updates to render iray faster, but nope).

I had to do a fresh install so still trying to sort things out (the external has a different drive letter now so just about anything that I've created or are testing for keeps saying files are missing, very slow and frustrating) and just after I got everything working the way I liked it :p

Those kids look great. The first one looks like Dusk to me. Aren't these Diva characters?
Yes Darryl, they use Diva (these boy's aren't out yet) and I "THINK" they might be loosely based off of Rodrigo and Taka?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I've just frankensteined (I like this word, consider it stolen :p ) a laptop for use with DS, Rae. Don't know how it will work as I'm still installing stuff on it. It was either do something with an old 32bit laptop or go to bed for a week till the houseowners get back ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

There is not one bit of Dusk in the morphs. It's all Dawn SE and Diva and a bit of crafty scaling along the XYZ to make them look male.

Of course Laurie did the mats, which are loosely based off Running Horse and Taka (Tarzan shortened version of Tarzan = Zan.)

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha, you don't have to steal it Lorraine, I'll freely share, as I most likely stole the word from somewhere else anyways (looks around for Shelly) :p

Since I literally melted my last desktop, this one is truly a Frankenstein, it has parts from I don't know how many machines :) (hubby is in IT) so I'm hoping as we have the cash come in (or he finds more spare parts) I can slowly upgrade. (I think this one doesn't have enough memory as everything else should have been be ok).

Lorraine

My desktop is like that. My son shoves things in it as and when he upgrades his so it's got bits of everything. The only things I have from my original HP are the monitor and mouse!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nice work Rae and sorry to hear about the computer.

Yes these boys are based off of Diva. I was having issues with my Davi morph. I believe that Laurie may have used Rodrigo and Taka as starting off points for the texture but they are different textures with less hair on arms etc...Laurie and NA have done a fabulous job with these kids.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
GREAT RENDERS with the cat... and I soooo can't wait for those boys.... !!

I'm working on my first leopard art... I LOVE the dials... I keep fine tuning the pose....and getting to know the cat... I agree with Laurie, the BULK on the full body makes him look very powerful, even more realistic in my opinion... :)

Lorraine

Just learnt today that the leopard is quite finely built but his cousin the jaguar is the bulky one. I'm hoping the bulk morph plus Laurie's black skin will give me the black jaguar I really want.

Lorraine

sorry, could nay help mineself ;)

wow!.jpg

Leopard is very wow!

Hornet3d

Wise
What a fantastic set of renders, and a tribute to Hivewire team who have created something that clearly is inspiring. If this is the result after a few days when we are just learning how to use the cat, one wonders just what there is to come, particularly with the other great content discussed here.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
What a fantastic set of renders, and a tribute to Hivewire team who have created something that clearly is inspiring. If this is the result after a few days when we are just learning how to use the cat, one wonders just what there is to come, particularly with the other great content discussed here.

Some MORE awesome renders :)

Lorraine, really cute! Ghostman, wonderful image!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
FABULOUS renders, one and all. Some made me laugh they were so adorable.

I have to say the reception over at DAZ forums is very good. There was one poster that had some remarks but most folks are happy with the very very noticeable improvements over the DAZ Big Cat 2. We need breeds though, lots of them.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yep! Cub is coming up soon; we are already working on the cougar; we've talked about how we want to approach doing the lion mane (and given that lions are super special to me, they are also a hot ticket on my list:), I am going to work on a snow leopard coat- that one will be my "take as long as it takes to make it perfect" though, so it might be a bit! Def want to do the tiger sooner rather than later too. The easier thing about these is we don't have all the Harry mane, tail and fetlocks to deal with for each breed morph and those morphs varying more, so ideally the kitties should go faster at least in that department. The more solid colored kitties are def easier for me, the the tiger should go faster than say the leopard or snow leopard. def have talked about a bobcat and/or lynx. Likely a cheetah down the road. And of course we are working on little kitty too:)

Yeah one can get that in package with the DBC2 but I would rather have the morphs done with more care and attention to detail.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
That's for certain. Will be picking them up as they trickle out.
Yeah, a lion's mane is going to be a problem. The old MilBigCat's mane may have been good for its time, but it is a horror to render, and generally requires all kinds of postwork to hide the rows if you render it from any angle other than full face.