1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

I'm holding out on getting the new deer over yonder in anticipation of the deer being released here for Harry ...

oh, the pain!

Rae134 and Chris like this.
  2. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

Didn't know there was a "new deer over yonder". But we can only do what we can do. I'm confident without even seeing yonder deer, that ours will be superior.

Miss B and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  3. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

and this is just a WIP showing Laurie's map efforts.

MuleDeerBuck1.jpg
    MuleDeerBuck4.jpg

4. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

... and those are VERY early efforts:)

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  5. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Yours probably will be superior, but the one over yonder isn't half bad. Deepsea does excellent work.
    And it's loads better than the old Buck from way back when.

6. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

I loaded up the old buck the other day just to depress myself lol

took me half an hour to find it!

Rae134 likes this.
  7. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

over yonder where? DAZ? For D/S only for sure? No thanks won't even bother the typing of the url.
    Best things in life afterall are worth waiting for?
    Like I am still waiting for that Spanish Bull and a really nice completely morphable centaur male and female that can be made into several body type characters and ages. Have always wanted a good cyclops and................sorry...I'll shut up before I get gagged.
    I can wait! LOL ;)

8. carmen indorato

9. carmen indorato

What i liked about this was the simplicity of the paint. Not gaudy or too modern synthetic colors. Would like the blanket to be longer (from neck to butt (or whatever those parts are called on horses!) and yea the rope bridle which loops to lower lip and thicker as you said and if cn be set up as an easy pose would be waaaay cool too those multi-pet ropes w/o easy pose are a nightmare to pose smoothly. The feather ideas as props are cool too. Is this actually done?

10. carmen indorato

I remember seeing this but not sure if it was a shape morph for the P4 horse or MilHorse1. I would love it too.

11. carmen indorato

Have you seen the Hell Rider film with Sam Elliott? In it he is shown as a HellRider from the west and instead of a motorcycle rides a fiery black horse. Loved it. Something like that would be way cool too.

12. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

Chris, Miss B, Rae134 and 4 others like this.
  13. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

I wondered what happened to these. Nice image btw.

14. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

@Janet thanks. Life happened lol. I have done some tweeking of them off and on as my brain feels like working along with a backlog of other stuff, I think I just need to look over the tut again then send them off to the testers again

Janet likes this.
  15. carmen indorato

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  16. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

I've been waiting on that one too!

17. xyer0

xyer0 Admirable

I would like displacement maps that give Harry the detail that Linday gave Daz Horse 2 with her HD morph pack. I also need a utility for mane and tail posing (or at least a guide).
    [​IMG]

xmasrose and Rae134 like this.
  18. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Aiming to try to do something like that for Harry. I've been pulling out my Stubbs anatomy books and studying them:)

Also here is at least a guide for the mane. The info in this should help you understand the tail better too.

xyer0, Desertsilver, xmasrose and 3 others like this.
  19. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

And besides the video that CWRW posted above, there is the product Show Off Poses for the HiveWire Horse - A Daio Creation at HiveWire 3D that lets you adjust mane and tail separately.

xyer0 and Chris like this.
  20. HaiGan

HaiGan Engaged Contributing Artist

If you are working in Poser, working with individual segments of the mane for fine-detailing the posing (after using the BODY dials for general posing) is much easier if you uncheck 'Remove backfacing polys' in the preview render settings. It also really helps to set the Transparancy value for the Mane material to 0.0 while posing (set back to 1.0 before rendering), and use the Heirarchy Editor to select the mane segments rather than trying to click on them in the main window. I tend to hide the whole mane in Heirarchy Editor then make each section visible one at a time so I can see what it's doing without it being hidden by the other segments.

xyer0, Dakorillon (IMArts) and Chris like this.