1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Dec 14, 2015.

1. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Well, after looking at the cow and calf........... not sure what kind of Cow they are trying to project here. I mean it's got markings like a Holstein and long legs like a Holstein on the calf but moma cow looks like a steer..... Could possibly go Belted Galloway..... but max on those guys is like 300lbs. The body type on them is like an Angus, Brangus ( milk cows have that classic triangle shape while your beef varieties are square)......with maybe a little short horn mixed in. LOL maybe it's just a Beefmaster with Holstein making up the extra 20 percent...... odd but you could get polled from that, but could be a black and white Herford.....they do have horns. Shrug. It's got a fairly decent coat texture. Maybe I'm just bias as I have been around them all of my life and well have seen the really nice show ring 8 - 10 thousand dollar heifers.

hehe now......... lets see if I can get a goat and a llama out of a deer? :sneaky:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  2. HaiGan

HaiGan Engaged Contributing Artist

I'm a-waiting for sheep, so I can recreate my own flock. :)

3. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

HaiGan, you have the sheep where the wool comes off naturally instead of having to be sheared?

Rae134 likes this.
  4. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I think you are correct Satira, I'm sure she's said that in another post.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  5. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Wasn't there a llama morph for the daz camel at one time?

6. HaiGan

HaiGan Engaged Contributing Artist

I have a breed that includes animals that have retained that so-called primitive characteristic, yes. It's called rooing. There's a weaker section between the winter growth and the new spring growth where the fibre breaks very readily, and left to their own devices the sheep would rub the old growth off on convenient vegetation (in some cases it simply drops off in huge clumps). The fleece isn't ready all at once on one animal, so they do look a bit funny when they're half-way through the process, and there's usually some bits left at the end to tidy up with the hairdressing scissors or clippers. My ram was ready to roo his back half but not his front, and he's a cream colour, so currently he looks a bit like a white lion with horns and hooves.

xyer0, Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  7. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Llama morph is for DAZ Horse 2. And it's pretty Toony.

8. tparo

tparo Brilliant QAV-BEE

The creator is from Corsica and thats the type of cow he sees there, another forum member stated that the figures are exactly like those they see when visiting.
    Daz already has a llama based on the Daz Horse 2.

xmasrose and NapalmArsenal like this.
  9. carmen indorato

Well, I checked and my llama is based on the old daz camel which now seems to have been removed altogether. i think it came around with their rhino, gorilla, hippo, zebra, etc.. the new camel is great but alas, not for us poser lusers.

10. xmasrose

xmasrose Eager

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  11. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Now that I've had some time to think about it, I remember buying a number of animals from DAZ over the years. Including Ken's Songbirds. I've bought a dinosaur, dolphin, some fish, a dog. I'd have to go through my runtimes to remember them all.

12. xyer0

xyer0 Admirable

I suppose it's hard for them to avoid getting the wool pulled over their eyes.

13. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

14. Speedr8cer5

Speedr8cer5 Member

Why not use both programs. A lot of the Hivewire figure & character packs can work in either program.

Pendraia and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  15. Speedr8cer5

Speedr8cer5 Member

I know there are many figures that I have bought over the years that would have benefited greatly from additional support and might have netted better sales for the creator. Instead the current supporters are left with orphaned figures. This has been one of the important things to me about assets also being Daz Studio compatible because then with a little work there is the possibility of the various generations of genesis clothes being usable.

16. Speedr8cer5

Speedr8cer5 Member

My addition if the Mil Horse 2 to cow was not to knock the morphing ability if the artist. Just that people were shocked to see an artist turn the horse to a cow. Having seen Chris's transformation pictures, their minds would be blown.

17. carmen indorato

I should have when they initiated that move to D/S. I was sharper then. But today as has it been in decline for the last years especially, (3 deaths in the family within 8 months really broke me!), my depression and meds addled brain just refuses to wrap itself around any kind of learning curves. I have actually forgotten more and more of the stuff I actually knew in Poser and photography in that time let alone try to learn new stuff. :(

18. carmen indorato

Best way is to go to your download/purchase history page and see there all you have in one place. I found it helpful to do that from time to time since I really do not put ALL purchases in my runtime when I get them and then forget.

19. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Omg...they finally have the millenium cow! Does Socrates know? ...or did he change his user name? Can't remember...

Mythocentric likes this.
  20. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

I think he had a couple of names. Not sure what the other one was.