• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well, after looking at the cow and calf........... not sure what kind of Cow they are trying to project here. I mean it's got markings like a Holstein and long legs like a Holstein on the calf but moma cow looks like a steer..... Could possibly go Belted Galloway..... but max on those guys is like 300lbs. The body type on them is like an Angus, Brangus ( milk cows have that classic triangle shape while your beef varieties are square)......with maybe a little short horn mixed in. LOL maybe it's just a Beefmaster with Holstein making up the extra 20 percent...... odd but you could get polled from that, but could be a black and white Herford.....they do have horns. Shrug. It's got a fairly decent coat texture. Maybe I'm just bias as I have been around them all of my life and well have seen the really nice show ring 8 - 10 thousand dollar heifers.

hehe now......... lets see if I can get a goat and a llama out of a deer? :sneaky:

Last edited:

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
HaiGan, you have the sheep where the wool comes off naturally instead of having to be sheared?

I have a breed that includes animals that have retained that so-called primitive characteristic, yes. It's called rooing. There's a weaker section between the winter growth and the new spring growth where the fibre breaks very readily, and left to their own devices the sheep would rub the old growth off on convenient vegetation (in some cases it simply drops off in huge clumps). The fleece isn't ready all at once on one animal, so they do look a bit funny when they're half-way through the process, and there's usually some bits left at the end to tidy up with the hairdressing scissors or clippers. My ram was ready to roo his back half but not his front, and he's a cream colour, so currently he looks a bit like a white lion with horns and hooves.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Well, after looking at the cow and calf........... not sure what kind of Cow they are trying to project here. I mean it's got markings like a Holstein and long legs like a Holstein on the calf but moma cow looks like a steer..... Could possibly go Belted Galloway..... but max on those guys is like 300lbs. The body type on them is like an Angus, Brangus ( milk cows have that classic triangle shape while your beef varieties are square)......with maybe a little short horn mixed in. LOL maybe it's just a Beefmaster with Holstein making up the extra 20 percent...... odd but you could get polled from that, but could be a black and white Herford.....they do have horns. Shrug. It's got a fairly decent coat texture. Maybe I'm just bias as I have been around them all of my life and well have seen the really nice show ring 8 - 10 thousand dollar heifers.

hehe now......... lets see if I can get a goat and a llama out of a deer? :sneaky:

The creator is from Corsica and thats the type of cow he sees there, another forum member stated that the figures are exactly like those they see when visiting.
Daz already has a llama based on the Daz Horse 2.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Well, I checked and my llama is based on the old daz camel which now seems to have been removed altogether. i think it came around with their rhino, gorilla, hippo, zebra, etc.. the new camel is great but alas, not for us poser lusers.

eclark1894

Visionary
Now that I've had some time to think about it, I remember buying a number of animals from DAZ over the years. Including Ken's Songbirds. I've bought a dinosaur, dolphin, some fish, a dog. I'd have to go through my runtimes to remember them all.

xyer0

Brilliant
I have a breed that includes animals that have retained that so-called primitive characteristic, yes. It's called rooing. There's a weaker section between the winter growth and the new spring growth where the fibre breaks very readily, and left to their own devices the sheep would rub the old growth off on convenient vegetation (in some cases it simply drops off in huge clumps). The fleece isn't ready all at once on one animal, so they do look a bit funny when they're half-way through the process, and there's usually some bits left at the end to tidy up with the hairdressing scissors or clippers. My ram was ready to roo his back half but not his front, and he's a cream colour, so currently he looks a bit like a white lion with horns and hooves.
I suppose it's hard for them to avoid getting the wool pulled over their eyes.

Speedr8cer5

My animals/creatures are usually a main element in my images since, as an illustrator, most of my images tell a story of some kind.
I have noticed a tendency that many content creators create figures with a toonish look rather than a more realistic one. Of course there is a market for tune figures but there seem to be a great lack of relistic figures to balance toon releases.

Not being a content creator myself I can only imagine that it is far more difficult to create a realistic figure because the eye differentiates so acutely that flaws really are jarring.
The first bull DAZ offered was a toon animal and never really offered a more realistic one until now. Lynn was the first content creator who offered realistic animals and the bull in her Bovine set was born and though long in the tooth and full of flaws, I have thankfully used it ever since and still waiting for a new and improved one to come my way (LOOOOONG wait!). Same goes for her pigs sets. Lynn's was the first and best set created and offered to the Poser community and likewise I still use that set too. I see the same thing happening with fantasy creatures. It is frustrating when trying to create images where well created human figures have to stand next to badly made animals and/or fantasy/mythological characters who always look like they were made by the hand of a lesser god!
I praise artists like Chris and others here for instance, who from the onset, have raised that creation bar. By the same token I get frustrated when a third party figure is released which shows promise and not set up in accordance to Poser figure heirarchal functioning standards and/or not offering a set of supportive stuff for it. Blaming the community for not supporting a figure is a big cop-out if the content creators failed firstly and mostly in NOT supporting their own figure whether it be human animal or creature. There have been so many cases of this kind of thing and it is still a problem in the community in my opinion. Thankfully it is not going on here or at DAZ (for the most part).
I know there are many figures that I have bought over the years that would have benefited greatly from additional support and might have netted better sales for the creator. Instead the current supporters are left with orphaned figures. This has been one of the important things to me about assets also being Daz Studio compatible because then with a little work there is the possibility of the various generations of genesis clothes being usable.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Why not use both programs. A lot of the Hivewire figure & character packs can work in either program.
I should have when they initiated that move to D/S. I was sharper then. But today as has it been in decline for the last years especially, (3 deaths in the family within 8 months really broke me!), my depression and meds addled brain just refuses to wrap itself around any kind of learning curves. I have actually forgotten more and more of the stuff I actually knew in Poser and photography in that time let alone try to learn new stuff. :(

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Now that I've had some time to think about it, I remember buying a number of animals from DAZ over the years. Including Ken's Songbirds. I've bought a dinosaur, dolphin, some fish, a dog. I'd have to go through my runtimes to remember them all.

Best way is to go to your download/purchase history page and see there all you have in one place. I found it helpful to do that from time to time since I really do not put ALL purchases in my runtime when I get them and then forget.