How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Way to go with the help folks.

I've been wanting to create displacement veins and fine detail as well for Harry, Dawn and Dusk and so on. Been practicing in Modo lately, looks great on a sphere, but my machine doesn't like it when I actually try it out on Dawn or heavier meshes. More work to do.

CWRW, xyer0, Desertsilver and 2 others like this.
  2. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Great tips! Thank you.

3. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Yeah would LOVE those vascular maps for my horses and dogs and humans. Some m4 textures I got ad DAZ have them built in but don't have them for other textures. I did get a set of them as bump maps for different body parts so I could just use them with any texture i choose, but they put them in a PSD file with layers and was not feeling too ambitious separating them into the necessary individual bumps to apply to their respective body parts.
    not sure how you would do these Chris....as mesh adjusts somehow or as textured body bump maps?
    I would think the latter would be the easiest and least power intensive for our machines but would require a real good hand at painting as a texture/bump map. But what the frell do i know?! :(

4. xyer0

xyer0 Admirable

Thank you, CWRW, for the video guide (perhaps a link could be inserted on Harry's product page for others? if it's not already) and for all your fabulous textures and brushes for all 3D horsekind. Godspeed on your Harry displacement journey. Thanks, Dakorillon, for the link to Daio's product (which I own but forgot about). Thank you, HaiGan, for the Poser pointer, though I only use Poser for the outline feature nowadays. Thanks, Chris, for your beautiful creations and initiative.

Dakorillon (IMArts) and CWRW like this.
  5. Speedr8cer5

Speedr8cer5 Member

Any possible updates for the releases of the various Bull/Cow, Deer, Mule, Zebra, etc?

xmasrose likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

We're pushing hard to finish up our Mule Deer next. See this link to our Mule Deer thread.

HiveWire Mule Deer