How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Dec 14, 2015.

1. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Ohhh, I had no idea his wife was an artist too.

3. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

Boris was mostly fantasy and mythology while Julie was more into hero paintings and similar. I think over the years their talents have merged a bit more. Both equally talented!

4. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

oh, i agree. would just be nice having both.

Rae134 likes this.
  5. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

One of my favorite Julie Bell images!! LOL Note the drowned sailor resembles Boris if you have ever seen an image of him.
    [​IMG]

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  6. Miss B

Oh look at that. I wonder if he's ever incorporated Julie in any of his images.

7. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

yes they have! :)

8. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

nearly all the time! She was a former nationally ranked competitive body builder so they both model for each other (and themselves since they sometimes work on a painting together).
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  9. Miss B

Hot damn he does amazing work, and yes I was on their site the other day and saw pictures of both of them. I was scratching my head trying to think of how they could be working on one image together, but then, I've read books written by more than one author, so I guess it's possible.

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  10. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I think she learnt a lot of her painting early on from him as a mentor, and her style was very much like his, she's slowly evolved her own style (her early metal was exquisite) and it looks like she is currently doing more natural/nature artwork (her wolves look like they could leap out of the painting).

11. Miss B

I know, I like her work as well.

Rae134 likes this.
  12. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

C'mon. Give him a red nose.:D

13. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

So I have been tinkering with some mapping and have some thing that could work well for veins. Alas when I attempted to see what I could do about ribs it didn't work out so well, displacement is not really enough thought what I have may work for a start.
    So a question for you all before a go any further, how veiny do you want Harry?

14. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Could someone explain to me why veins in renders is such a "hot thing"? right now. I, personally, don't get the appeal, unless you're trying to achieve a realistic render of a pro wrestler or something, which I never have tried for.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  15. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

As far as the horse goes it would add a lot of realism to renders of say race horses just off the track after a race or a prime stallion seeing off danger from his herd, thins like that. You'd be amazed at how much a bit of light veining can go towards making an image pop, take this image of mine for example. Just a little bit and suddenly Harry has a whole new personality

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  16. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

17. Miss B

That is sooooo cool Chris. Thanks for posting it. ;)

Chris likes this.
  18. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Awesome!! Love the cows and the deer!

19. Miss B

I'm waiting for the reindeer, which I'm hoping will be available by the end of year "holiday season". ~hint, hint, hint~

Rae134 likes this.
  20. Jan

Jan Eager

A Cow and a Bull yippie :whistling: How long :sneaky: