• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
OK..I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, but I don't seem to be able to find a general topics/posts section in these forums. I've only just switched from Poser pro 2014 to Poser 11 and have a question regarding Harry the Horse and the new Superfly render engine in Poser 11. I understand that there are some modified textures for Harry that are designed to take advantage of Superfly ? My question is this..how do I acquire these modified (?) textures ? Do I have to re-download all my Harry files and reload them ?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I believe that some of the textures for Harry have been updated by Laurie for Superfly...I'm not sure which ones though. However if you look in the updates thread you should be able to find out which ones have been updated.
Product Updates

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Only his base bay texture has been done so far. I think you have to download the poser version again (not sure about the textures tho)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes base bay Harry has been updated to include Superfly and Iray MATs- just re-download. There are some map additions as well. (I think mainly a new eye map- can't remember right now:) I do have several other coat MAT updates close to done. Am planning to get back on all that once Big Kitty is done. My plan is to release the updated MATs at the same time as their matching Pegasus Wings that Ken G and I are working on. (So for example I will release the updated Dapple Grey set at the same time I have his matching wings ready for the store, and so on).

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
My experience has been that most of Harry's mats work pretty well in SF as is except for some adjustments to the eye textures. Doesn't mean that can't be made better, but it shouldn't stop you from at lest playing around with Harry in SF.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Actually most of the light colors like the Unicorn and etc currently work fairly well overall in SF. The darker ones-especially the manes and tails pretty much don't work- they render mostly white. Am planning on updating the Unicorn, Friesian, Dapple Grey and Mustang first as I have those (and their matching wings) mostly done, and then work from there. The Arab overall should work pretty well too as is but I will be updating it as well.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me ..I re-downloaded the textures for the basic bay Harry and couldn't figure out why the mane and tail came out white in Superfly...even just using the basic defaults

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Not sure if this is right place but I just picked up The Fire Giants texture set for the mil4 figures on sale at DAZ.
I have wanted the same type of texture for my MilHorse but it was never created for MilHorse 1and only for MilHorse 2.
Since I doubt there will be any recreation of it for the MilHorse 1 so I wondered if a good version can sometime be made available as a fantasy set for Harry?

fire-giants-5.jpg

I did try to create my own in PhotoShop and paste them into a Harry UV Map but I could just not find a tutorial that I could use to do so in Photohop! So much for trying to do it myself. :(

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Not sure if this is right place but I just picked up The Fire Giants texture set for the mil4 figures on sale at DAZ.
I have wanted the same type of texture for my MilHorse but it was never created for MilHorse 1and only for MilHorse 2.
Since I doubt there will be any recreation of it for the MilHorse 1 so I wondered if a good version can sometime be made available as a fantasy set for Harry?

View attachment 13244

I did try to create my own in PhotoShop and paste them into a Harry UV Map but I could just not find a tutorial that I could use to do so in Photohop! So much for trying to do it myself. :(
I have plans for some thing like that for him, just got a lot on my plate right now so not sure when I can get to it

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hope on, hope ever. :) I really do want to get this coat project rolling soon, some will be easy enough as I had started a heap ages back for millH1 so just got to convert over. Other will be a bit more work as have only written down the idea lol

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist

View attachment 13244

Not quite as lava burning rock as what you are showing, but there's a great free fiery Harry texture right here, at least if you have Poser 11 fiery ghost for Harry (Superfly)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
got that but reason for a close tex match is to follow the deep rooted desires to create centaurs. just thought human and horse torso merges would give me something cool and different to work with. since the daz textures also include for m4 and v4 would have it all covered.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, both fire and ice map versions would be most welcome. Paul and I have been thinking this would be cool for a long time now. Actually since we started creating Harry. Would look awesome on Ken and Laurie's Pegasus!!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Yeah, both fire and ice map versions would be most welcome. Paul and I have been thinking this would be cool for a long time now. Actually since we started creating Harry. Would look awesome on Ken and Laurie's Pegasus!!
I have had thoughts on trying my hand at these for a while now, fire, ice, earth, air and aether/spirit, just life keeps getting in my way lol. Hopping next week will be quiet so I can get back to 3D stuffs

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

View attachment 13244

Just found a texture to (SOMEWHAT) match this M4/F4 texture for the MilHorse 1 at 3dMenagerie, if anyone is interested. Just need one for Harry now!
If anyone knows of a good tutorial for this effect in PhotoShop would appreciate a heads up. Thanks.

nightmare.jpg