• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
A lot of people swear by Hexagon. But it's 32-bit and that makes it dicy for a modern OS. A lot of people also swear at it, I gather...
I haven't had any problem with it on my 64-bit computer. But, haven't done major modelling, yet, just simple stuff.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
for those that are interested, I did this comparison ages ago so I could easily see the difference between each of Harry's shapes (with their respective default colours).
(ignore the first one as that is a dialed morph I did to try and get a Fjord pony with a custom coat I made from a few of CWRW coats) I also didn't have the Unicorn when I did this and the Shetland wasn't available then either. (I really need to recreate it with the Shetland instead of my Fjord and the Uni added :D)

I thought it was a photo! Until I started reading. That is just amazing!

sandman_max

for those that are interested, I did this comparison ages ago so I could easily see the difference between each of Harry's shapes (with their respective default colours).
(ignore the first one as that is a dialed morph I did to try and get a Fjord pony with a custom coat I made from a few of CWRW coats) I also didn't have the Unicorn when I did this and the Shetland wasn't available then either. (I really need to recreate it with the Shetland instead of my Fjord and the Uni added :D)
Those horses are gorgeous. And how on earth did you get that awesome landscape in there?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Sandman. Its an Iray render and the Landscape background is the light source (the HDRi I used).

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I really depends on the quality of the HDRi. Alot of the freebies are too LoRes (or small). This is from one of Daz's iRadiance packs I think.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks Chris (I'm the guilty one :p)

I was kinda hoping he'd be a bit more in "Racing condition" with a more refined head. (a bit finer, kinda like attached)
View attachment 11122
Rae you can morph him to what you want it will take some doing but you can get him there. It all has to do with the XYZ axis with him.
Thorough2 dfcopy.jpg

You can go Akhal Teke too
Akhel copy.jpg

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yay Laurie, you're the best! (and its very hard to find a coloured photo as the think that all of the skins are faded somewhat).

This was the last living Quagga so is probably the best colour wise.
View attachment 11711
I did a bit of a render using my new Quagga from CP which I found to be pretty well made (compared to some of my other purchases from there" with an old Zebra set for the long in the tooth Poser4 Horse and the Zebra for MilHorse 1 which I thought was pretty good but had some weird stuff going on with the tail. I found the CP Quagga the nicest. Its head was bigger proportioned to its body like it should be for a Quagga or zebra and though I used the Zebra morphs and X,Y,Z size adjusts for the head and neck parts I could not match the proportions of th CP Quagga. Now I wish there was a Zebra texture for the CP Quagga to use to render them side by side in my images.
Another great animal of the horse family is the DAZ SilverLeaf Donkey. I LOVE THAT ANIMAL and a lot of effort went into making it and it shows by the beauty and set-up options. But like many things in the Poserverse it lacks add-on options. Would love scruff textures and an albino texture for it and of course a good Zebra set-up for it.

I hope my posting this render was ok in this thread and sorry if it was no will remove if annoys anyone! :)

Quagga Fight from extinction.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
but this isn't harry...that is why i haven't posted there. Though i have harry and a few add-on items i don't work with him much preferring Milhorse 1which i am heavily invested in.
maybe if there ever is a good zebra set for him and of course Quagga.....i will work with him more. :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
but this isn't harry...that is why i haven't posted there. Though i have harry and a few add-on items i don't work with him much preferring Milhorse 1which i am heavily invested in.
maybe if there ever is a good zebra set for him and of course Quagga.....i will work with him more. :)
@carmen indorato No worries ! It's all good! :)
Nothing wrong with that at all ! Sorry for throwing that up there.:) I think we use what we like and what we have invested into. :)

Millhorse is a pretty good horse, but I LOVE my Harry! CWRW's eye reflects and materials on him are unmatched they make him look very realistic and of course the easier joint movements and morph options and being able to pose the mane. :)

I still look forward to seeing what else you might create!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thanks for the response.
Unfotunately due to the general nature of my work for pretty much as long as I can remember (say, 4th or 5th grade maybe) being very heavily into erotic fantasy art, I won't be posting much here.
I have and love Sharky's Kirrin from Harry and just waiting for some inspiration to use it sometime. I will try to do two versions of whatever I create so I can post a "clean image" here.
Ciao

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes, another great actor. I also liked Leonard Nimoy's work, though most folks only remember him as Spock in the original Star Trek series and movies. I remember him when he starred in the original Mission Impossible TV series.
Also he was a photographer who did a book of nudes some time ago after his acting career was solidified in the minds of the world.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I think I remember reading about it, but don't think I ever saw it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhhh. They closed the B&N near me (and several others in the area), so I'll have to check it out online.