• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I knew it was a long run but wow:) And Anthony Hopkins- he is so incredible too. Love him!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, another great actor. I also liked Leonard Nimoy's work, though most folks only remember him as Spock in the original Star Trek series and movies. I remember him when he starred in the original Mission Impossible TV series.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Zebra is updated with some minor requested adjustments, and off to CWRW.

ZebraNew8.JPG

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Well, it's a zebra, and it has a unicorn horn ;) So unizebra!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I knew it was a long run but wow:) And Anthony Hopkins- he is so incredible too. Love him!
Ever see "A Lion in Winter" with Katherine Hepburn? BRILLIANT movie. She did it shortly after Spencer passed on so she was quite emotional throughout casting so those scenes where she cried, those were for Spencer. One of the actors that played one of her three sons was non other than Anthony Hopkins... he was quite stunning in this period piece. Very young and bearded.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I've heard of that one, but don't recall if I ever saw it. I'm a huge Katherine Hepburn fan, so I'm going to check it out at Netflix.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
From a streamers standpoint NetFlix doesn't have any Katherine Hepburn movies. Not sure in the DVD disk area as it won't let me access that.

Amazon has it for $9.99 and If you have an Amazon account you can stream it for I think $3.00.

Amazon.com: The Lion in Winter: Peter O'Toole, Katharine Hepburn, Anthony Hopkins, John Castle, Nigel Terry, Timothy Dalton, Jane Merrow, Nigel Stock, Kenneth Ives, O.Z. Whitehead, Fran Stafford, Ella More, Douglas Slocombe, Anthony Harvey, John Bloom, Jane C. Nusbaum, Joseph E. Levine, Martin Poll, James Goldman: Movies & TV

I'm a bit appalled right now... I just saw that Glenn Close did a remake of it back in 2004. Sorry that's a classic you just leave alone. Kinda like 1939's "The Women" with Joan Crawford and Norma Shearer and then that HORRIBLE remake 10 years ago that got panned starring Meg Ryan and Annette Bening. :eek:

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, Netflix has the DVD of the original The Lion of Winter. The 2003 remake with Patrick Stewart (who I do like) and Glenn Close (I think out of her league with this one) isn't available . . . yet. I'd rather see the original anyway, so I'll drop it in my queue.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Awesome. Good to know they have the original! I love Patrick too and he is a great and talented Thespian but still....

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know, he's Shakespeare trained. Most folks don't realize his talent, if all they've known him as is Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Enterprise during the Stark Trek Next Generation series.

I saw him here in NY many years ago during the Shakespeare in the Park series in Central Park, and he was wonderful.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
for those that are interested, I did this comparison ages ago so I could easily see the difference between each of Harry's shapes (with their respective default colours).
(ignore the first one as that is a dialed morph I did to try and get a Fjord pony with a custom coat I made from a few of CWRW coats) I also didn't have the Unicorn when I did this and the Shetland wasn't available then either. (I really need to recreate it with the Shetland instead of my Fjord and the Uni added :D)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I remember going to the Lion in Winter at the picture theatre in Morrinsville. 45+ years ago and I still remember Katherine Hepburn vividly. The rest of the film has faded but not her...she was amazing.