• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Would Charly be the little guy in the amazon commercial? Or is that one a dwarf. Those mean ol' horses first looking down their long noses at the little guy then walking away from him because he didn't measure up.
If you are talking about the vid I saw posted on here some where, they looked like Icelandic pony's to me

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
the ad one is a dwarf mini pony , Charly looks like a little Arabian horse

Look at those little hooves! <3

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not so sure I'd let a small horse into my house since I really don't think you can teach a horse to do their business outside, instead of just wherever they happen to be, but that the horse is so small that it can easily get in through a large doggie door is just soooooo cute!

And those hooves are tiny.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't think you could house train but they do have bags they have behind harness horses so you don't have to clean up the roads (still, I'd hate to be taking care of that).

The Donkey my grandfather bought had a special place he'd do his business in the yard, it was great, you only needed to go to that area to clean instead of wondering around looking for it :D

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Not so sure I'd let a small horse into my house since I really don't think you can teach a horse to do their business outside, instead of just wherever they happen to be, but that the horse is so small that it can easily get in through a large doggie door is just soooooo cute!

And those hooves are tiny.

Interestingly, I've heard of ponies being trained to be 'seeing eye ponies'. I know they tend to wear a sort of sneaker, so their hooves won't destroy floors, but I'm not sure about the house training part. The reason behind it, if you're wondering is because horses tend to live longer than dogs, and people become very attached to their service animals (not that people aren't very attached to their pets, but it's a whole other level). And also the process of getting some one a new seeing eye dog, is not always easy in terms of training both the dog and the person.

A friend of mine who is blind has been struggling ever since he had to retire his first seeing eye dog Vincent. (Vincent is still alive and well, but the service dog organization he came from insisted that he was too old to keep working). He still doesn't get around quite as well with his new seeing eye dog as he did with Vincent.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
fyi, to see why Earl was asking all those questions about tall horses are, see this thread :)

Stable

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here's a screen grab to show what animals are in the holding pen waiting for maps, final additive morphs, and rigging adjustments.

This is to illustrate still only a portion of animals that we have planned for the Ungulate. All spawned from Harry and... morphs and maps can be shared.

Ungulates1.JPG

From left to right- Harry, Thoroughbred, Mule, Donkey, Spanish Bull, Dairy Cow, Zebra, Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer Buck, Doe, Fawn, and Thistle (Stylized Fawn).

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Here's a screen grab to show what animals are in the holding pen waiting for maps, final additive morphs, and rigging adjustments.

This is to illustrate still only a portion of animals that we have planned for the Ungulate. All spawned from Harry and... morphs and maps can be shared.

From left to right- Harry, Thoroughbred, Mule, Donkey, Spanish Bull, Dairy Cow, Zebra, Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer Buck, Doe, Fawn, and Thistle (Stylized Fawn).
:doesnotsuck:

Not even a little....;)

The HiveWire Development Zoo is overflowing with awesomeness....

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ha, nice.

Can totally see us creating the elk, moose, reindeer, caribou, antelope and gazelle of all kinds. All from the Harry base! Just anding in prop horns and antlers.

Like the Elephant that we have modeled and is awaiting rigging, the Rhino will be a separate animal also. Just too unique to effectively morph from the Horse base. Though I would image it will start from the Horse mesh.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
A mountain lion would have some fun with that big horn sheep and the deer.

And would love to see a Dusk Toreador with a red cape twirling!

Ooh rhino could be fun too ............ hehe I'm thinking 300.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Was asked to show our Thoroughbred against Harry so some of the differences could be seen better. So here you go.

HarryAndTB1.JPG
HarryAndTB2.JPG
HarryAndTB3.JPG
HarryAndTB4.JPG

Taller Thoroughbred and longer body, longer legs and taller hindquarters. These are the obvious differences between between the TB and Harry.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Chris (I'm the guilty one :p)

I was kinda hoping he'd be a bit more in "Racing condition" with a more refined head. (a bit finer, kinda like attached)
3143657193_b841a61fdf_o.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, sorry it's not what you're looking for.

But...

I stand behind this thoroughbred. It's been beta tested by others that know horses as you do. I've used some strong TB horses as reference and body guides also.

What is nice about Harry as the base, is that others can add in body and limb morphs that I've created with Harry, to aid in achieving a particular desired look.

It's like trying to achieve the right look in so many of the animals that I'm modeling. For example some say the Chihuahua needs longer limbs, while others say it needs shorter limbs, bulgier eyes, less bulgy eyes and so on. I do the best I can and still believe the results are solid.

Again, other morphs from the Harry base can be added in for more specific looks.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry Chris, I didn't mean it to sound like a criticism, give him a bit of a parrot mouth and a red coat and it looks like the ex-racer I had :)

I guess I was just wanting something a little bit more different to Harry (Harry's such a great base, he already looks like a Warmblood/TB).

(regarding the Chi, I think you've done great. Bulgy eyes are a sign of bad breeding, they should be big but not bulgy :D)