• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
You're really out to bankrupt me, aren't you ? :) All these must-have animals ! I've one suggestion for an animal that no-one seems to have done..and it's one of the most numerous of African animals..the Wildebeast. Any chance of one of them in the future ?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sorry Chris, I didn't mean it to sound like a criticism, give him a bit of a parrot mouth and a red coat and it looks like the ex-racer I had :)

I guess I was just wanting something a little bit more different to Harry (Harry's such a great base, he already looks like a Warmblood/TB).

(regarding the Chi, I think you've done great. Bulgy eyes are a sign of bad breeding, they should be big but not bulgy :D)

No worries. We'll get there!

Thanks on the Chi!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
You're really out to bankrupt me, aren't you ? :) All these must-have animals ! I've one suggestion for an animal that no-one seems to have done..and it's one of the most numerous of African animals..the Wildebeast. Any chance of one of them in the future ?

Yes, certainly!!!

Oops, NOT yes on the bankrupt question. Sorry!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Another screen grab of the same animals.

View attachment 11103

Well LOL I can see all the work I need to do- I do have several of these well on their way/are in progress: Thoroughbred (textures will be red and liver chestnuts), Spanish Bull, Zebra (Chris I still need the mane and tail for this guy:), Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer Buck, Doe, Fawn, and Thistle (Stylized Fawn).

Fun seeing the line up though!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
You know I feel silly, because I had heard there was a zebra in the works, and I had assumed it would really be just a texture add on. But I'm so excited that there will be a morph, because zebra's aren't just stripped horses.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
You know I feel silly, because I had heard there was a zebra in the works, and I had assumed it would really be just a texture add on. But I'm so excited that there will be a morph, because zebra's aren't just stripped horses.

Yep the Zebra has his own morph/shape as well as his own mane and zebra tail! He is very much a zebra, not a striped horse. I can't remember offhand which exact breed of zebra Chris based his morph on.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Well LOL I can see all the work I need to do- I do have several of these well on their way/are in progress: Thoroughbred (textures will be red and liver chestnuts), Spanish Bull, Zebra (Chris I still need the mane and tail for this guy:), Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer Buck, Doe, Fawn, and Thistle (Stylized Fawn).

Fun seeing the line up though!

I'll work on redoing that mane and tail for Zebra. Can't locate what I thought I had already done years ago. I'll get on doing that this week for sure. Thanks for the reminder. Do you have what you need for the Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer Buck, Doe, Fawn and Thistle, or are you saying you need tails for them too?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'll work on redoing that mane and tail for Zebra. Can't locate what I thought I had already done years ago. I'll get on doing that this week for sure. Thanks for the reminder. Do you have what you need for the Bighorn Sheep, Mule Deer Buck, Doe, Fawn and Thistle, or are you saying you need tails for them too?

Just the Zebra- thanks!
Laurie

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yep the Zebra has his own morph/shape as well as his own mane and zebra tail! He is very much a zebra, not a striped horse. I can't remember offhand which exact breed of zebra Chris based his morph on.

I based our Zebra off of the Plains Zebra. Here are a few more images of that effort. I will need to redo the tail and mane this week for Laurie. Keep spacing on doing that.

Zebra1.JPG
Zebra2.JPG
Zebra3.JPG
ZebraReference1.JPG
ZebraReference2.JPG

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Equidae is the taxonomic family of horses and related animals, including the extant horses, donkeys, and zebras, and many other species known only from fossils. All extant species are in the genus Equus.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
According to Wikipedia, Equus was a play by Peter Shaffer written in 1973, telling the story of a psychiatrist who attempts to treat a young man who has a pathological religious fascination with horses.

Shaffer was inspired to write Equus when he heard of a crime involving a 17-year-old who blinded six horses in a small town near Suffolk. He set out to construct a fictional account of what might have caused the incident, without knowing any of the details of the crime.

The play had a long run on Broadway here in New York.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
According to Wikipedia, Equus was a play by Peter Shaffer written in 1973, telling the story of a psychiatrist who attempts to treat a young man who has a pathological religious fascination with horses.

Shaffer was inspired to write Equus when he heard of a crime involving a 17-year-old who blinded six horses in a small town near Suffolk. He set out to construct a fictional account of what might have caused the incident, without knowing any of the details of the crime.

The play had a long run on Broadway here in New York.

Oh god- the movie version with Richard Burton was mind-blowing! Richard was INCREDIBLE! (but then again, when was he not?:)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Granted Laurie. I don't think I'd ever seen him in a movie where he wasn't mind-blowing. A fabulous actor.

I don't recall now who starred in the play, as it was a very long time ago.

Edited to Add: OK, just went back to Wikipedia . . . The Broadway productions starred Anthony Hopkins, Richard Burton, and Leonard Nimoy. The play had over 1,200 performances. I'd say that's a nice run. :)