• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
This all started with a morph from Dawn? (Mind Blown!!) There is a whole lotta' awesome on this thread. I really dig how great the anatomy of the muscles comes through. The bull and cow are impressive too. Your grasp of these animals anatomical structure is pretty awesome.

Carey

Extraordinary
Oh... so how about this stuff? This is work from Paul/CGCubed showing his work on actually going into the mane and posing each sheet of mane geometry (that again, is available for all to do, it just takes patience to pose them). Sweet looking stuff can be done with the mane. Try posing the mane from the Horse group, then go into the mane and nuance to get a specific look.

View attachment 557 View attachment 558 View attachment 559
I just spent three hours just trying to get the mane to lay down a little bit...whew a lot of work there... but looks well worth it!

Carey

Extraordinary
Carey - the controls for the mane are in the body of the Horse...and Laurie did a great tutorial:

Now she tells me...lol I am rendering it right now for the fifth time, having trouble getting lighting right... If this render doesn't satisfy me I am going to have to do a major revamp to try and create the illusion of distance, I still don't like the mane and yes, of course I forgot how to find it controls...not for lack of looking by the way....lol What the controls for the ears are in the tail? lol