• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Someone say Thoroughbred?

Lyne your fox/dog textures would go great with the Thoroughbred! <snip>

oh I am sure I could dial a Thoroughbred.... still long for the 'real thing'... (time saver and all that)... I assume your images are YOUR "dialing"...not the official one we are waiting for?.... as I have a problem with the neck too... while there is a 'thick neck' dial we can dial backwards there is no 'shorten neck' dial so each section has to be done manually... takes a lot of time. (I did a LOT of that, creating my larger pony from the Shetland

Lianam

Eager
The bull and cow are quit good. :) When they are done will we be able to make them chubbier, lose the horns to make other breeds, and add horns for the cows that do have them?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Can't imagine why not!

Chris will probably start a WIP when he starts working on the bull and cow. He's been really receptive to our suggestions, which is one reason the HiveWire products are soooo fantastic.

Lianam

Eager
I am trying to wrap my head around the morphing part where a person can turn a human character into a horse, then a deer, or cow or whatever. I do have one question is this all done in a 3D modeling program such as Blender, max, hexagon, etc? :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
If you're a student, a 1-year license is fairly reasonable. But it's only good for one year.

Otoh, It doesn't insist that you be a *full time* student, or, I think, that you be a student in any specific class. Just have a valid current student ID.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I remember getting temporary licenses for software while I was back in school the second time.

The 3 year license I got for Maya didn't require any student ID, which surprised me, and someone told me they couldn't find it anymore, so it must've been a limited time thing. I didn't even know about it, but a friend told me he had just gotten 3DS Max to play with that way, so I went and grabbed it. I wonder how long it'll take me to even learn anything about it. I've watched some very good videos about the complicated UI, but haven't tried creating anything with it.

Oh well, at least I'm satisfying a long-time dream of mine. Talk about not being able to afford a piece of software. ~sheesh~

Lianam

Eager
Why I am trying to learn Blender, plus 3dsmax went to a subscription and I think owns Maya or whoever owns 3dsmax does anyways. Other reasons I was looking into hexagon and Carrara they are in my price range too.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I'm curious..given that lots of these new animals are derived from the original "Harry", does that mean that the textures for Harry will (mainly) fit the new animals ? And vice-versa ? I see you said that the render that showed off the black Spanish bull was using the Friesian Harry texture ?

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
The more I re-read this great thread, the more I find :) For instance what parameter dials did you use to get this effect ? And..any chance of seeing a render of it in actual use ?
Mane18.JPG

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey Freyfaxi, its in the mane and named "mane twist" and there is also "Decorative twist left (and right)" this image is mane twist 100% (also has full twist on bangs)

Also I think I recalled that Chris said the textures from the animals will mostly work (it depends if there were alterations in the mesh, eg: the bulk of the cat textures should work on Harry except for around the paws etc)

mane twist.png