• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Gorgeous work Laurie. Love those eyes too. So juicy!

LOL Juicy eyes??? Good thing I can hear you saying it because if someone else just wrote that I'd be saying "ewwwwwwwwwwwww" :p

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
More work in Superfly. Dapple Grey WIP conversion along with the white version of the Classic Tack- the Classic Tack here is using the current Firefly MATs- work great in SF:) I might make some minor changes to the black leather in the black version; still playing with that. This is a super simple render- one basic infinite light and that's it! I am really starting to dig Superfly.

Laurie

SuperflyDappleGreyClassicTack.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Stunning!!! Almost makes me want to upgrade... but nooo have to stick with PP 2014... but hey... um...

Yes- back when we first put out Harry 2 years ago there was a minor but critical UV deal so that I couldn't do it any other way at the time. I am planning on updating the 3Delight and Firefly MATs too for the eye and will have that included along with the Superfly and iRay free updates for Harry. Aiming to get that all together in March.

if I read this right, there will be an update for FIREFLY in PPro 2014 for the eyes? I love how 'liquid' his eyes look but not sure if we "lower version poser users can have them"? (I have NO idea how those things work between P11 and P2014)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes there will also be p9+ Firefly updates- mainly the eyes- new map using the correct UV and new MAT for the eyes.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Base Harry WIP in Superfly... and iRay! (takes fooooorever to render in iRay so just the one for now)
Getting there! I pulled in an old friend who is an incredible artist and a Studio wizard so she will be assessing the iRay MATs for me. She hasn't seen this yet- I am still tweaking before I send on to her to review.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm going to take it off and play with my ponies now the weather is finally getting nice!
Laurie

Superfly:
3-4HarryBaySF1.jpg

3-4HarryBaySF2.jpg

and first iRay WIP:

HarryBase_iRay3-4.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yay Laurie, they are looking awesome!

Go play with your ponies, they will give you inspiration :D

Lianam

Eager
I love Harry and he is on my wishlist! He reminds me of a Breyer model horse called Huckleberry Bey based on a real Arabian show horse. I own Daz's mil horse, because I got him cheap. lol
Now if I could model and paint animals like that. I have done some furniture so far. LOL
All the animals are looking great! I have seen some pretty scary ones out there in 3D land.
The bovines are nice too. I own a farm, one fleabitten Arabian, about 15 head of black angus beef cattle, and several chickens. :)

Last edited:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
:welcome: Lianam :) I'm farmbred myself but own no livestock or land now. I hope you enjoy participating in the forums and be sure to sing out if you need any help.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I love Harry and he is on my wishlist! He reminds me of a Breyer model horse called Huckleberry Bey based on a real Arabian show horse. <snip> :)

oh that's true!! I used to collect some Breyer's.. more of the miniatures tho! (oooh what an idea for art!) so many ideas so little time!