• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So do I Pen, in fact I was sitting there staring at it and wondered if it was a 3D render with postwork, or a beautiful piece of traditional artwork.

He definitely looks majestic, though good majestic, or evil majestic, I couldn't say. ;)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I had to go back and carefully re-read that post because I was looking at the Elhorn and thinking why didn't I know this existed for Harry! and then realized it wasn't a version of Harry. That being said, as move of the hivewire ungulates come out, it should become easier to make something like that.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thought it would tickle some of your collective fancies.
Of course it is more than that forhead bone plate to which those incredible horns are attached that make it awesome. I love that rough of thick hair on its chest. I can see it Combined with real thick fetlocks on large cloven hooves on the end of stocky thick muscular legs and perhaps a beard of sorts under its chin like the Unicorn but thicker and hair under its loins and bell and a thick tail like the unicorn but shorter and muscular with a very thick hairy tip on the end and i would cry buying it.
What a great fantasy addition to our runtimes. Make a cool fantasy/barbarian/Scifi tac for it to make it look like the epitome war beast and voila....lovely poser art.

God I wish I could create my own content!!!!!! :(

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I posted this elsewhere, but this is a good place to ask here, too. Why are there two textures on of the eyes on the template? What is the other one for? It doesn't seem to do anything that I've figured out. And is there an adjustment that I haven't found yet, that makes the irises and/or the pupils get larger or smaller? (like on some of the people models). Thanks!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Ha... nice!
Sinc so much Mini Horse talk and requests is going around how about a morph of the original eohippus oligohippus and pliohippus versions?
The first two did not have hard hooves but varried sized toes and were the size of dogs or small deer I believe and the last was the breed just before the modern horse evolved and looked more like the Mongolian or mountain pony (which looking at some of the artist renders of it reminds me of the beloved Quagga).
If I am going to let an equine into the house it is not going to have hard hooves. Can't imagine the mess it will make of wood floors or carpeting. :)

horse evolution.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Humm I have a Quagga coat that I made for the old MilHorse, I should see if I can convert it over
Would love to gt my warm sweatys on that one for my MilHorse as well as or Harry. Was it posted anywhere or are you planning on posting/offering it? Hope you do!

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I had to go back and carefully re-read that post because I was looking at the Elhorn and thinking why didn't I know this existed for Harry! and then realized it wasn't a version of Harry. That being said, as move of the hivewire ungulates come out, it should become easier to make something like that.

This s a perfect project for Sparky (Philosophers Egg) to gnaw into existence. I love his Kirin build from Harry and this would be another great take off like that. Are you out there man...we'll be waiting! LOL

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Most new coats I'll be doing will be for Harry but just on the quiet there is a high chance of there being a MilHorse version too seeing as I all ready have a few done;)
I imagine you have a VERY Clear picture of how a dog looks and sounds when it is---P.A.N.T.I.N.G.?

I just took advantage of the big clearance sale at Renderosity and picked up several really nice items one of which was
Wild Rose for the MilHorse. It is a nice fantasy tex/tac set for the MilHorse and gives it a nice Carousel horse look. There is another set there to also turn it into a Carousel Horse but it was not on sale.....YET!
As soon as it is I am grabbing it if I have to eat cabbage for a week.
I love Carousel Horses. Have several so far and always looking for more.
I have one render i did up at my DeviantArt gallery if anyone is interested in looking. Beware though there is nudity there though I think very tasteful.
Reby On Carousel Horse-4fx