• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
According to Wikipedia, Equus was a play by Peter Shaffer written in 1973, telling the story of a psychiatrist who attempts to treat a young man who has a pathological religious fascination with horses.

Shaffer was inspired to write Equus when he heard of a crime involving a 17-year-old who blinded six horses in a small town near Suffolk. He set out to construct a fictional account of what might have caused the incident, without knowing any of the details of the crime.

The play had a long run on Broadway here in New York.

Also aired on a public access channel in upstate ny when I was younger. interesting tale.

Carey

Extraordinary
Then there was the day my cousin stood behind StarFire, StarFire got a home run and my cousin got a month of bed rest...
It has been my experience that one can not have too many digital animals, fact is I am still lacking 278,876,908,786 species of animals past and present for my collection....

It would be a great pleasure to have to enlarge my game preserve to make room for these....

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Then this sweet beast of a Spanish bull. Laurie was simply applying her Friesian map I believe, just to see how the horse maps applied.

And the cow of course. Both still pure morphs from the Horse.

View attachment 532 View attachment 533 View attachment 534

View attachment 535 View attachment 536 View attachment 537
Still waiting for the release of this beautiful bull. I come to this thread often looking at it with envious and anxious desire. Oh what can say....I am frelling weird. But being a Tauran myself I just love anything and everything about the bull. Thought great in their day, Lynns bovines and especially her bull are still heavily used in my work. I need a serious upgrade.
One thing I hope comes with this animal is morphs for tht flap of skin beneath its jaw and down the length of his neck and chest making it somewhat poseable for those poses when he turns abruptly to toss his head....like poseable wind blown hair like in real life.
Also ballocks and a semblane of bully bits with a smart propped hair tassel at the end of it to make the bit look more real.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@carmen indorato I have put this here to avoid clogging up the Hivewire dog thread, how is this for what you are after for Harry? Its very rough it was just a quick test :)
HarryCreamello.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Sorry, Lisa. Took me a little while to see this post. Music and lyrics to Shannon.

HENRY GROSS
"Shannon"

Another day's at end
Mama says she's tired again
No one can even begin to tell her
I hardly know what to say
But maybe it's better that way
If Pop-pa were here I'm sure he'd tell her

Shannon, is gone I heard
She's drifting out to sea
She always loved to swim away
Maybe she'll find an island with a shaded tree
Just like the one in our backyard

Mama tries hard to pretend
That things will get better again
Somehow she's keepin' it all inside her
But finally the tears fill our eyes
And I know that somewhere tonight
She knows how much we really miss her

Shannon, is gone I heard
She's drifting out to sea
She always loved to swim away
Maybe she'll find an island
With a shaded tree
Just like the one in our back yard
Ah, just like the one in our back yard
Ah....
Just like the one in our back yard

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
@carmen indorato I have put this here to avoid clogging up the Hivewire dog thread, how is this for what you are after for Harry? Its very rough it was just a quick test :)
View attachment 16995

Oh, love it.
Would love to see more pink in the ears I think since being thinner skinned they might come off a bit translucent thus showing more skin beneath the white hair. I see you added more pink around the genitals area and perhaps could also add more along the belly s well.
but the pink skin should be laced with the white from the fur instead of solid pink don't you think.
it might already be that way but i can not tell from the render details so sorry if I missed it.
Was this the texture you mentioned in the other thread you were working on or is this something else all together?
Wish I had this texture for the milhorse1 and the DAZ Donkey and Bison too. I love those figures but having it for Harry and for any other Harry based animal to be released will have to do for now.

Thanks so very much dear for showing me this. Look forward to seeing it happen !

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Oh, love it.
Would love to see more pink in the ears I think since being thinner skinned they might come off a bit translucent thus showing more skin beneath the white hair. I see you added more pink around the genitals area and perhaps could also add more along the belly s well.
but the pink skin should be laced with the white from the fur instead of solid pink don't you think.
it might already be that way but i can not tell from the render details so sorry if I missed it.
Was this the texture you mentioned in the other thread you were working on or is this something else all together?
Wish I had this texture for the milhorse1 and the DAZ Donkey and Bison too. I love those figures but having it for Harry and for any other Harry based animal to be released will have to do for now.

Thanks so very much dear for showing me this. Look forward to seeing it happen !
Yep this is what I mentioned in the other thread, I tossed it together in about 5min flat lol so there is a far bit more work to do on it if its what you are after :)
Round the muzzle and genitals horses dont have any hair and very little that close to the eye but yes those parts do need a bit of work to make them look right. The pink in the ears is a good idea and possible on the tips, I need to go back and have a look at the pic's you posted as those are some of the best I have seen.

I all ready have some thing close for the mihorse1 out there that might be close enough for you :)

I'll see if I can get this and a few others like it wrapped up, still need to do manes, tails etc but I should be able to get a set of pale coats together for any who find that have a gape in the runtime

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
oh dear.
unable to create my own stuff i assure you there are gaping gaps in my runtime. need a lot of stuff from morphs to props and textures for so many unsupported and/or poorly supported stuff as well as stuff i desperately need to finish my render ideas. thanks so much! :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
oh dear.
unable to create my own stuff i assure you there are gaping gaps in my runtime. need a lot of stuff from morphs to props and textures for so many unsupported and/or poorly supported stuff as well as stuff i desperately need to finish my render ideas. thanks so much! :)
I am just about to head out for the day but when I get home I will shuffle the todo list and move this up to the top :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
WOW.. I learned something.. I had no idea that Shannon was written about Beach Boy's Carl Wilson's dog that had drowned. :cry::cry::cry:

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I have reworked the maps and this is the end result. @carmen indorato hows this? If there is enough interest I will set up a wip thread for This one and some others and do up a pack for the store if they want them :)
Creamello2.jpg