• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
and this is just a WIP showing Laurie's map efforts.

MuleDeerBuck1.jpg

MuleDeerBuck4.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yours probably will be superior, but the one over yonder isn't half bad. Deepsea does excellent work.
And it's loads better than the old Buck from way back when.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
over yonder where? DAZ? For D/S only for sure? No thanks won't even bother the typing of the url.
Best things in life afterall are worth waiting for?
Like I am still waiting for that Spanish Bull and a really nice completely morphable centaur male and female that can be made into several body type characters and ages. Have always wanted a good cyclops and................sorry...I'll shut up before I get gagged.
I can wait! LOL ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
LOL I didn't realize that Chris had already "let the cat out of the bag" :) This is a project I started WAY back in like 2009 for the Mil Horse and tried to model myself/learn Hexagon and rigging in the process. I call it "War Pony Gear". Needless to say, I failed:) I then turned to some folks I knew at Rendo at that time to help me out. We had a decent start but ran into more issues than we could handle. So it's sat on the back burner until I approached Chris and Paul about doing it with me about a month ago.

In tandem I also had started a coat set for the MH called "Warpaint" back then. By the time I was starting to get anywhere with it the DH2 came out and I started to convert it for the DH2. Then of course not long after that I moved to HW and Chris and I started Harry and I dropped my support of the DH2. Needless to say most of you know how crazy my life has been since I hooked up with HW so again this all got put on the back burner yet again.:)

SO long story short, Chris and Paul agreed to help me finally bring this product to fruition:)

I have a lot of ideas that will use MAT zones and transparencies, to make a lot of looks possible for this with the minimum work needed from Chris and Paul as I don't want them tied up more than necessary/that is part of the deal of them doing this with and for me. (THANK YOU Chris and Paul!!!!)

So these older WIP renders will give you some ideas of where this is headed. Yes we def like suggestions but we are pretty clear going forward on what the actual modeling will be, to minimize rigging/Chris and Paul's time on this.

Original War Pony Gear WIP on Mil Horse from 2009: (minus the Medicine Bag). Also the rope bridle will be thicker than this

View attachment 24601

I used a lot of it anyway in my well known piece "Spirit Warrior" from 2011 (as well as other of my artworks):
View attachment 24604

Same of my older smart props being used on Harry with my "Medicine Hat" and VERY rough Warpaint Med Hat coat. (not all are textured and a lot of the textures will be different/changed)

View attachment 24602

View attachment 24603

A lot of the feathers will be props as well, so can be used in loads of different ways etc. Planning on having legbands for all legs so one can pick and choose and so on. These are VERY early WIP renders- a lot will change. But figured I would "come clean" on what we are up to with this:)

Laurie

What i liked about this was the simplicity of the paint. Not gaudy or too modern synthetic colors. Would like the blanket to be longer (from neck to butt (or whatever those parts are called on horses!) and yea the rope bridle which loops to lower lip and thicker as you said and if cn be set up as an easy pose would be waaaay cool too those multi-pet ropes w/o easy pose are a nightmare to pose smoothly. The feather ideas as props are cool too. Is this actually done?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yeah, both fire and ice map versions would be most welcome. Paul and I have been thinking this would be cool for a long time now. Actually since we started creating Harry. Would look awesome on Ken and Laurie's Pegasus!!
Have you seen the Hell Rider film with Sam Elliott? In it he is shown as a HellRider from the west and instead of a motorcycle rides a fiery black horse. Loved it. Something like that would be way cool too.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Janet thanks. Life happened lol. I have done some tweeking of them off and on as my brain feels like working along with a backlog of other stuff, I think I just need to look over the tut again then send them off to the testers again

xyer0

Brilliant
I would like displacement maps that give Harry the detail that Linday gave Daz Horse 2 with her HD morph pack. I also need a utility for mane and tail posing (or at least a guide).

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Aiming to try to do something like that for Harry. I've been pulling out my Stubbs anatomy books and studying them:)

Also here is at least a guide for the mane. The info in this should help you understand the tail better too.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I also need a utility for mane and tail posing (or at least a guide).

If you are working in Poser, working with individual segments of the mane for fine-detailing the posing (after using the BODY dials for general posing) is much easier if you uncheck 'Remove backfacing polys' in the preview render settings. It also really helps to set the Transparancy value for the Mane material to 0.0 while posing (set back to 1.0 before rendering), and use the Heirarchy Editor to select the mane segments rather than trying to click on them in the main window. I tend to hide the whole mane in Heirarchy Editor then make each section visible one at a time so I can see what it's doing without it being hidden by the other segments.