• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Laurie, your passion for the cats, and now this lion sure comes thru with the attention you're putting to your map work.

Currently finishing up the Warthog, then get it off to Sparky. Then... I'm back on the Lion in a big way. Will make the shape adjustments, and fine tune the expressions.

Gonna fb post your latest Lion render.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
No worries Chris! I still have LOADS to do on our Lion Family. I haven't even started the Cub coat or the modeled mane texture yet, much less all the work I need to do on the Poser and LAMH hair. (AND my White Lion Family:) While I give every product my all, the Lion is very near and dear to my heart and I want them as absolutely perfect as I can make them. So yeah I have a LOT left to do:)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Do you guys have plans for a cheetah ? Thinking ...... there might be a way to dial spin and xyz scale one, but would need a few BC breed types.

I'm sure we will but it will be a while still before we get to it.

Paul and I will follow Laurie's interests. If she wants to work up tiger maps next after the Mule deer, then that's where we'll put our efforts next.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Chris- not sure if I will do the Tiger right after the Deer Family- I do think the Tiger should be the next Big Cat product is what I really meant:) We can talk about what makes sense to get on next. I still have a few older products floating around to finish up too like Zebra, Mule, Spanish Bull, Bighorn Sheep and some others. I can def see a Cheetah somewhere where down the line. Might want to get our Zebra done so all these big cats have something to chase (and eat:) They're probably getting hungry:)

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Hey Lyne

Well those specs (or "fireflies") show up more in various lights than others. I am only now starting to get a handle on iray settings myself but am happy to share what little I have learned. The big thing to eliminate those white specs is in the Surface Tab/materials not the render settings- the one that makes those "fireflies" is the "Glossy Layered Weight". Setting it to 0 gets rid of them altogether. The other settings shown are what I start with.

For my latest set imagery I used the Fabi paid Zen lights and used her render settings (under her utilities folder in that product) to make the homepage banner and first 2 product images. The Zen lights cause much less "fireflies" in general. On images 5-7 I used these lights- BOSS Pro Light Set for Portraits & Promos | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
they do cause a lot of "fireflies" though so I had to mess with those a LOT to get a satisfactory result. Mainly I had already done those before I bought the Fabi Zen lights. :)

View attachment 31322

Thank you for all of the help Laurie! I'll give it a try.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Sure! No worries Flint! If you are running into any problems just give me a holler and I'll do what I can to help!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Not a preview- my Liver Chestnuts are already in the store but I finally got to play with them:) I get so busy working on new product I rarely get to sit down and just play with my own stuff.

Beatiful... no Stunning Image !!
Oh and that reminds me I haven't done an autumn image with these guys yet!! The ambers in the mane and chocolate colors are perfect for the season!

eclark1894

Visionary
I used to have a Siamese cat. They can be a mean little cuss when they want to. I liken them to the Pit bull of the Cat family.:sneaky:

Of course any cat can get cantankerous. Back in the days when we used to actually have a Laundry man come by and pick up or deliver laundry for my mother. He came to our apartment one day and our cat attack him him. (Not the Siamese.) He was so scared of the cat after that, that he wouldn't come back unless my mother was there.:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I used to have a Siamese cat. They can be a mean little cuss when they want to. I liken them to the Pit bull of the Cat family.:sneaky:

Of course any cat can get cantankerous. Back in the days when we used to actually have a Laundry man come by and pick up or deliver laundry for my mother. He came to our apartment one day and our cat attack him him. (Not the Siamese.) He was so scared of the cat after that, that he wouldn't come back unless my mother was there.:)

They certainly can be. I guess I got lucky with my childhood kitty buddy, Jeepers. He was my best friend when I was a little kid- I was an only child. He was wonderful - snuggled up under my chin to sleep every night, put up with me dressing him up like a doll and all kinds of stupid stuff little kids do:) I also taught him how to walk on a leash (we lived in downtown Burlington, VT) so he could go places with me.

( and LOL yes that is little me on the left:)

Jeepers.jpg
LaurieJeepersPeg.jpg

Your poor mailman!! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I have a question... I thought all the animal textures were cross-compatible... so I tried to assign a pinto horse map to the house cat body... even forced the issue and tried manually... definitely NO GO... sooo ONLY the big and little cats are cross compatible? I'm also hoping the cat textures will go onto the new dog... but if Chris is now making separate uv's.... :cry:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Lyne
No-My understanding is that all hooved animals (and I think the elephant) share the "Horse" UV. All cats and dogs share the "Big Cat" UV. (The dragon does as well)

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hey Lyne
No-My understanding is that all hooved animals (and I think the elephant) share the "Horse" UV. All cats and dogs share the "Big Cat" UV. (The dragon does as well)

Ah... that clears it up, thanks, Laurie! :) It's so FUN to mix them up!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I just wanted to let everyone here know that these products are now updated to include Superfly and Iray MATs:

Arab
Quarter Horse
Mustang
Dapple Grey
Base HW Horse

Both are here and at Rendo now. If at HW just re-download.
Aso regardless of whether one purchases my/HW animal products here or at Rendo you will get the free updates.

Subscribe to this thread to see when more are updated -
Product Updates - Main Notification

Rendo may be a few days behind HW updates as they also do their own QA testing. Also I can't remember how Rendo lets one know there is an update of a product in their store. But good chance if it is updated here and you see that in the above thread, it will be at Rendo shortly after/a few days at most. I will let you know/post here if I hear otherwise.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Laurie

eclark1894

Visionary
I just wanted to let everyone here know that these products are now updated to include Superfly and Iray MATs:

Arab
Quarter Horse
Mustang
Dapple Grey
Base HW Horse

Both are here and at Rendo now. If at HW just re-download.
Aso regardless of whether one purchases my/HW animal products here or at Rendo you will get the free updates.

Subscribe to this thread to see when more are updated -
Product Updates - Main Notification

Rendo may be a few days behind HW updates as they also do their own QA testing. Also I can't remember how Rendo lets one know there is an update of a product in their store. But good chance if it is updated here and you see that in the above thread, it will be at Rendo shortly after/a few days at most. I will let you know/post here if I hear otherwise.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Laurie
That's good to hear, Laurie. I Finally bought the HW Horse about two days ago, along with Dusk SE. Gonna work on some cowboy poses for Dusk and maybe Dawn tonight. Well, maybe. I think I need to do some coiled rope and a lariat first.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
That's good to hear, Laurie. I Finally bought the HW Horse about two days ago, along with Dusk SE. Gonna work on some cowboy poses for Dusk and maybe Dawn tonight. Well, maybe. I think I need to do some coiled rope and a lariat first.

Cool E!!! Have fun!! That would be so great to have some good Dusk cowboy/horse poses! And of course good props too!