• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
It is an impressive product offering for sure. Looks so good.

Kudos Laurie.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Black and White kitties are so great! You could have charged $40 for those and I would have bought them! Are calicoes and other breeds in the works?

Yep! A Calico set in progress, and still working on my Siamese too. And thank you!!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Gorgeous. A Slam-dunk into the cart.
Looking forward to the Siamese as well.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
And the white tux on the Big Cat.
WhiteTiger.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Cool Glitterati! I am working on a White Lion add on for the lion family. Will be different than the White kitty. a bit more creamy/golden base color and not albino points.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So I haven't had a chance to go in and tweak my LAMH mane yet, but wanted to try the lion and lioness with Fabi's new iray ZEN light set- very nice!!! This one was great for that rich glowing African sunset light that is so unique there.

LionsZEN.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Cool Glitterati! I am working on a White Lion add on for the lion family. Will be different than the White kitty. a bit more creamy/golden base color and not albino points.

Ooooh, can't wait!!!!! A white tiger in the mix somewhere, too?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Really lovely. Am truly looking forward to these.

Thanks Jodel! I am really excited about this Lion family and will be doing LOTS more tweaks to make them as perfect as I can- Lions were my first passion long before horses and I've been dying for a good 3D lion for as long as I've been in the 3d game:) (I started in 3d with Bryce back in summer 2004- right after I got back from Africa:)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@CWRW Would you ever consider posting screen shots of your DS RENDER SETTINGS, output settings...whatever they are called? *Not for me, I went screaming from DS never to return* but I know Flint is still TRYING with the house cat, but keeps getting those white specs in the LAMH, and none of the smoothness, etc... of course you're on a MAC, and Flint is PC with different ram, but still (and how LONG it took to render....after an hour, Flint only had a teeny tiny image out of her DS) ...... also Flint hasn't figured out how to even set/use those lights to get such a gorgeous render as you are showing here, too.... (there ought to be a class for the darn software....or a really comprehensive video tutorial like there are for Poser!)

Gorgeous Lions!!!!!.... hope too that LAMH isn't taking up too much time, when there are the 'non-hair' users like me still anxious to have these lions! (are they rigged yet, or do we have to wait on that till AFTER you're done with the mapping?)

Thanks!

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Lyne

Well those specs (or "fireflies") show up more in various lights than others. I am only now starting to get a handle on iray settings myself but am happy to share what little I have learned. The big thing to eliminate those white specs is in the Surface Tab/materials not the render settings- the one that makes those "fireflies" is the "Glossy Layered Weight". Setting it to 0 gets rid of them altogether. The other settings shown are what I start with.

For my latest set imagery I used the Fabi paid Zen lights and used her render settings (under her utilities folder in that product) to make the homepage banner and first 2 product images. The Zen lights cause much less "fireflies" in general. On images 5-7 I used these lights- BOSS Pro Light Set for Portraits & Promos | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
they do cause a lot of "fireflies" though so I had to mess with those a LOT to get a satisfactory result. Mainly I had already done those before I bought the Fabi Zen lights. :)

ScreenShot.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Forgot to add time for those renders- about an hour and half for approx 1000x1500 size. I can usually see pretty clearly at about the 10-15 minute mark if I need/want to make changes.