• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think front on your eyes look great. But from the side Chris's straighter profile is more correct.
lioness-portrait-johan-swanepoel.jpg tmg-article_tall.jpg 4719646-8325261171-e839e.jpg (thumbnails)

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The profile will be exactly like the right lion (Chris's obj) in that post except for the size of the eye. No other changes there:) I just used that to show the eye size difference from the side. I love the profile Chris did.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
LOVING the lion (and new eye size) SOOOOO much!!!! Can't wait!!! TRYING to be patient while you all perfect him/her.... gonna HAVE to try to use DS & free LAMH for house cat & lion now...after my current piece is done I'll download them and TRY...hoping my poor old dyslexic brain can cope JUST to get good png renders OUT of DS to use in my art...so tired of brushing out my beloved kitties....

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOVING the lion (and new eye size) SOOOOO much!!!! Can't wait!!! TRYING to be patient while you all perfect him/her.... gonna HAVE to try to use DS & free LAMH for house cat & lion now...after my current piece is done I'll download them and TRY...hoping my poor old dyslexic brain can cope JUST to get good png renders OUT of DS to use in my art...so tired of brushing out my beloved kitties....

Hey Lyne

I am still working on a Poser version of the lion mane, tail etc too. Will be an add-on. Here is a WIP. Still working on the underlying map and on the hair too. Again this not the Lion morph, just a close approximation made with the base Big Cat.

LionPoserHair917.jpg

James R.

Busy Bee
Hey Lyne

I am still working on a Poser version of the lion mane, tail etc too. Will be an add-on. Here is a WIP. Still working on the underlying map and on the hair too. Again this not the Lion morph, just a close approximation made with the base Big Cat.

View attachment 30153

Oh my gosh -- this looks so good! :D I can't wait for a Poser version to be ready. I've all but given up on doing animal renders for lack of convincing fur, so this is really exciting.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
one word .

STUNNING!!!

And yeah, love the new lioness!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Most impressive Laurie. Digging that you're learning to use the buggy LAMH, and getting great results.

Thanks Chris- that last post was Poser/Firefly- my Poser Hair Room version. Actually I haven't had a single crash or problem yet with LAMH. Could be my old (2010) refurbed MacPro tower has enough CPU juice/RAM to keep it happy? I haven't dared to try running DS 4.9 or LAMH on my 2012 MacPro intel i7 laptop as it only has 8G ram. My mac tower has 32G and a 2x 2.66 6-core Intel Xeon.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks Chris- that last post was Poser/Firefly- my Poser Hair Room version. Actually I haven't had a single crash or problem yet with LAMH. Could be my old (2010) refurbed MacPro tower has enough CPU juice/RAM to keep it happy? I haven't dared to try running DS 4.9 or LAMH on my 2012 MacPro intel i7 laptop as it only has 8G ram. My mac tower has 32G and a 2x 2.66 6-core Intel Xeon.

Sweet! Looks like you have the magic touch, and you don't have to stand on your head to get it.

By the way... just fbooked a couple of these new images of yours. Candy coated goodness.