• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hey Chris

I started working on a "dial morph" for what I call old style Siamese. Still needs work. I still need to play with the more elongated thinner look many have. Def will let you know- been using scaling to make the longer lankier look so far. I don't know if it is possible to make a character from my dial morphs/scaling for him. Open to doing that though if it is something that can be done (maybe with a little help from Paul?)
I think I kind of know the look you are wanting. I might suggest trying working around the z and y scale and give them a bit of a thinner abdomen that tends to give them a longer lanky look. ........ I might have something similar when I was working with the Kizzen. Will have to check though. I can help in Daz if you need/want. Just got things back to normal sort of with all the rain have to get the horse morphs out first.

The head and the lower jaw are separate so you might try working the X and Z scale on the lower and upper head (smaller x settings on the bottom and then larger ones on the top, but you will have to watch how the mouth connects and adjust Y so that it closes properly) that should give you more of a wedge type look.
=P My attempt at sort of a Piccachu character the Kizzen. I need to go back and thin down the neck setting at like 87% and maybe just a tad longer legs for balance.
Kizzen copy.jpg Kizzen1 copy.jpg

Shoot me a PM if you want I can extract a .cr2 for you.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
They have been talking about it on the SM Poser forum, but I hadn't seen any new comments about it. I better go check and see what they have to say about it.

Edited to Add: I just checked, and I got the email too. :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I think I kind of know the look you are wanting. I might suggest trying working around the z and y scale and give them a bit of a thinner abdomen that tends to give them a longer lanky look. ........ I might have something similar when I was working with the Kizzen. Will have to check though. I can help in Daz if you need/want. Just got things back to normal sort of with all the rain have to get the horse morphs out first.

The head and the lower jaw are separate so you might try working the X and Z scale on the lower and upper head (smaller x settings on the bottom and then larger ones on the top, but you will have to watch how the mouth connects and adjust Y so that it closes properly) that should give you more of a wedge type look.
=P My attempt at sort of a Pikachu character the Kizzen. I need to go back and thin down the neck setting at like 87% and maybe just a tad longer legs for balance.
View attachment 29638 View attachment 29639

Shoot me a PM if you want I can extract a .cr2 for you.

Thx NA! Def still very much a WIP that I need to get back on- I did mess with the head/muzzle length (maybe not in the renders I showed) but it gets a bit odd, so we'll see. Need to test in various poses too.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
They have been talking about it on the SM Poser forum, but I hadn't seen any new comments about it. I better go check and see what they have to say about it.

Edited to Add: I just checked, and I got the email too. :)

Me three:) I never bought anything there before/never even spent any time there ever so will be interesting to see what they do. Another good (Poser) store would def not go amiss!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thx NA! Def still very much a WIP that I need to get back on- I did mess with the head/muzzle length (maybe not in the renders I showed) but it gets a bit odd, so we'll see. Need to test in various poses too.
Yeah, I had some of the same issues with the horse on the muzzle portion, but at least with the cat the upper neck vertebra is not attached. LOL, Rae and I have gone through your poses for the horse and foal and Daio's Show Off Poses.............. about 100 times testing the TB morphs! They seem to do pretty well though!

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So my first day/first go at making the mane for the Lion with LAMH- needs a lot of work I can see, in a lot of areas, but hey my first time ever:) (and no crashes!) These are iray renders and playing with the hair density- first is too dense I think- 1,200,000. I think I like the 300,000 density better and of course it is a lot faster:) Still need to do tail, elbow tufts, belly fur etc and work some more on the underlying diffuse map for the mane and do more shaping, combing etc. haven't messed with a density map yet- might be useful around the head area.

LionManeLAMH1.jpg
LionManeLAMH2.jpg

Lower density on the mane: (will try 400-500k density next after fixes)
LionManeLAMH3-qty30k_A.jpg

Edited to note- this is NOT the Lion morph- still just using the base Big Cat.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL yes the eyes look odd right now on the base Big Cat and def in these renders as I did a fast iray MAT in less than 5 mins and haven't done the actual lion eyes map yet. But looking at it again I think also the issue might be too the eyes are a bit too large on the actual morph- I think I will have Chris play with them a little.

This render in Firefly shows the actual Lion (well... Lioness:) static obj morph on the right side. On the left I've morphed the base big cat as close as I can to match the general head shape, but I did make the eyes a bit smaller and altered the shape of them slightly- looks better to me-what do you all think?

Also I like the chin depth of the lion morph (really shows correctly in profile) but it lost some of it's width, which I think it needs. What do you think?

LionessEyeAdjustment1.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I think you're right. The eyes are a bit out of scale to the rest of the head. Fine for stylized images, but a bit of the uncanny valley effect.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL yes the eyes look odd right now on the base Big Cat and def in these renders as I did a fast iray MAT in less than 5 mins and haven't done the actual lion eyes map yet. But looking at it again I think also the issue might be too the eyes are a bit too large on the actual morph- I think I will have Chris play with them a little.

This render in Firefly shows the actual Lion (well... Lioness:) static obj morph on the right side. On the left I've morphed the base big cat as close as I can to match the general head shape, but I did make the eyes a bit smaller and altered the shape of them slightly- looks better to me-what do you all think?

Also I like the chin depth of the lion morph (really shows correctly in profile) but it lost some of it's width, which I think it needs. What do you think?

View attachment 30021
I would have to agree with you on the eye size maybe a tad smaller. They read good for leopard and cougar, but not so sure on the lion and probably will be fine on the smaller feline types. Nice morph on the head and chin and less slope on the nose makes it looks very natrual and very true to form!! Watch out MGM!! =)

Fantastic work!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Nice work there Laurie. That mane work is so very cool! Wow, this is going to be the King of the Beasts for sure.

Any morph tweaks at this point should be a breeze. Smaller eyes can be achieved for a base Lion with a bit of scaling, and if we need to tweak the base pupil size we can certainly do that too. Also widening the chin and such, easy peasy.

Just love that attention is being put on our Lion!! Yay Laurie!! And kudos for input from others.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Chris! Working up some sketches and notes to send you on a couple of changes on our Lion. Will get those to you today. Our Lion must be as perfect as he can be:) I have a ways to go before he is that.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So here are my suggestions I just sent to Chris- I copied the original lion obj render and made my changes on that- just eyes and chin. What do you all think? Now is the time to chime in of you have any thoughts or suggestions:)

LionEyeAdjust.jpg