• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So REALLY early days on this and I see loads I need to do, (and of course haven't done any kind of seams- way too early for that) but here are some WIPs using the LAMH short 2 preset on my Siamese kitties. Need to make the cream one more creamy for one:)

This one is like my wonderful childhood kitty, Jeepers.
Siamese1WIP.jpg

Siamese2WIP.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Satira, that looks really good. Well done! And well done being patient enough to work in the Poser hair room. ;)

As RAMWolff said, there is more than enough room for fur creators of all kinds in the 3D world. More fur to the people! :D

My health is not good and I have not been doing anything 3D for a long time. All energy goes to everyday stuff and work when I can. But I'm here "in spirit" and still want to have a go on fur for the cats. Until then I look forward seeing more lovely fur work from Satira and others.
Big hug!

Best wishes to you, Tiny. I hope you feel better really soon. You live in the land of the Northern Lights ... where magic happens. :love:

Saiyaness

Motivated
@CWRW Oh my god, the Siamese looks so good!!!! <3 The colours are so chocolate-y, warm and gorgeous!

Looks like I'll need to tweak the short preset when it comes out. It probably needs to be a bit smoother and sleeker for the Siamese and Oriental-type breeds. What do you think? (If only I knew the magic formula for making it shinier!)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
While a skullcap is just a simple prop, an animal bodysuit would need to be rigged "clothing."

But ... wouldn't an animal bodysuit be fun :p
The other thing I can think of with this is, for it to work with the hair at lest, wouldn't it need to have the same UV concordats?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Classic seal point. Lovely. You do remember that the kittens are just abut entirely white, of course. Very pale points but nearly all white. Going to be tricky dealing with different ages for colorpoint. I think they are all born nearly white, regardless of breed.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Amazing work Laurie. Loving both variations.

Do you have the morphs you need to get a close approximation to the look you want?

Hey Chris

I started working on a "dial morph" for what I call old style Siamese. Still needs work. I still need to play with the more elongated thinner look many have. Def will let you know- been using scaling to make the longer lankier look so far. I don't know if it is possible to make a character from my dial morphs/scaling for him. Open to doing that though if it is something that can be done (maybe with a little help from Paul?)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@CWRW Oh my god, the Siamese looks so good!!!! <3 The colours are so chocolate-y, warm and gorgeous!

Looks like I'll need to tweak the short preset when it comes out. It probably needs to be a bit smoother and sleeker for the Siamese and Oriental-type breeds. What do you think? (If only I knew the magic formula for making it shinier!)

Thanks Saiyaness! Maybe a shorter smoother version down the road? On the shine, I AM using just really simple Sun/Sky lighting/no other lights to speed up these early test renders/time. I haven't messed much past your suggested settings yet but LOL as many know I am not that proficient yet with Iray shading, though I am learning something new most days:)

Actually one thing I might try too that I stumbled on to by accident with the kitten, is that if you scale the cat or kitten you also change the look of the fur, in that it can look shorter/sleeker when the cat is scaled up. ( I did like 200% on the kitten in "Daddy's Boots" as he looked impossibly small in the boot before that:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Classic seal point. Lovely. You do remember that the kittens are just abut entirely white, of course. Very pale points but nearly all white. Going to be tricky dealing with different ages for colorpoint. I think they are all born nearly white, regardless of breed.

Good point Jodel! LOL I was only 3 years old when I got Jeepers as a 3 mo. old kitten so I don't remember what his coloring looked like then. I HAVE seen some pix of kittens with his type of darker coloring that were more a light tan overall than white.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Way behind on this thread...

Tiny - glad you popped in..Sending more hugs your way.

Satira - Poser fur! Looks awesome :)

Laurie - gorgeous!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's very interesting Rae. Don't kittens run a bit hotter too anyway?

At least, Tsuki did. But then, she still does quite often.