• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
Satira, that looks really good. Well done! And well done being patient enough to work in the Poser hair room. ;)

As RAMWolff said, there is more than enough room for fur creators of all kinds in the 3D world. More fur to the people! :D

My health is not good and I have not been doing anything 3D for a long time. All energy goes to everyday stuff and work when I can. But I'm here "in spirit" and still want to have a go on fur for the cats. Until then I look forward seeing more lovely fur work from Satira and others.
Big hug!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Satira, that looks really good. Well done! And well done being patient enough to work in the Poser hair room. ;)

As RAMWolff said, there is more than enough room for fur creators of all kinds in the 3D world. More fur to the people! :D

My health is not good and I have not been doing anything 3D for a long time. All energy goes to everyday stuff and work when I can. But I'm here "in spirit" and still want to have a go on fur for the cats. Until then I look forward seeing more lovely fur work from Satira and others.
Big hug!

awww hun, you take care of YOU... I know how it is to have health issues take up nearly all the time/energy we have- NOT FUN, but we do what we can do to manage it... sending you healing love and thoughts!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Tiny, it was good to hear from you. I hope your health improves soon!

I slept a lot yesterday and today as I'm on antibiotics again and need to keep my leg elevated. Which isn't exactly easy to do when I'm at the computer. So ... couch potato I am. Which means I'm awake a few hours and then asleep a few hours.

I don't mind the Hair room, but I far prefer working with a skullcap. So much easier to do hair with a skullcap than to do fur on an animal. Even after rebooting my computer, both scenes still crash Poser 11. I hadn't even got to the point of increasing the density on the second cat. So annoying.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Tiny, it was good to hear from you. I hope your health improves soon!

I slept a lot yesterday and today as I'm on antibiotics again and need to keep my leg elevated. Which isn't exactly easy to do when I'm at the computer. So ... couch potato I am. Which means I'm awake a few hours and then asleep a few hours.

I don't mind the Hair room, but I far prefer working with a skullcap. So much easier to do hair with a skullcap than to do fur on an animal. Even after rebooting my computer, both scenes still crash Poser 11. I hadn't even got to the point of increasing the density on the second cat. So annoying.

I hope everyone feels better soon!

Hmmmm. Do you mean that it would be easier to work with hair growing from something that was lower resolution and didn't have unnecessary details like teeth? Sort of like an animal body suit?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know KK, I was just think along the same lines . . . something along the lines of a second skin for the animals. Hmmmmm, I wonder if that's actually possible.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes. Like an animal body suit. But, it higher resolution than the figure. The more faces, the more guide hairs. The more guide hairs, the thicker the hair without setting density into the millions. The other option of course is using SubD on the figure.

The advantage to an animal body suit is that you don't have to save the HiveWire obj with the hair, but the animal bodysuit.

I don't know how practical that actually would be. Just a thought based on when I've exported the posed animal obj to use like a skullcap for personal use.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
While a skullcap is just a simple prop, an animal bodysuit would need to be rigged "clothing."

But ... wouldn't an animal bodysuit be fun :p

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@Tiny! So good to hear from you but sad to hear about your health issues. You come first- take of yourself!! Hugs!!!