• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
That is one incredibly done render! All of the surfaces look so touchable!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So these show some WIPs of some of my Black/White/Tuxedo set as I test them using the free LAMH presets.
OMG, I am sooooo loving the short haired Tux baby. Both long and short hairs look great, but I've always liked the Tux coloring.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I am still hoping Tiny can do something with our kitty in the Poser Hair Room but have no idea if she is ok, much less working on it. It's been a while since I've seen her post in the HW forums. I've played with it some but haven't been able to figure out "brushing" etc.
Sane here, on all counts.
I keep thinking I should see about learning Poser's hair room but I all ready have so much on the go.....:( I need more of me just to keep up lol

Jakiblue

They look fantastic!!!! Love love them! I really need that cat now LOL

So finally some new WIPs from me- needless to say I think most if not all of you now know why I've been rather busy this summer so far:) So while I am still picking away at updating everything, I now can also get back to working on my own products again while I do the updates.

So these show some WIPs of some of my Black/White/Tuxedo set as I test them using the free LAMH presets. I would have to pick some hard ones:) Getting a nice shine on the blacks and whites is tough- hopefully some of you who are more DS/Iray shader savvy folks may have some ideas on that. I am pretty much using the settings Saiyaness suggested for her presets. Also this lighting is pretty boring/straight forward as I am also still not very savvy with iray lighting. Obviously I will be making some adjustments to the diffuse maps (like the pink nose getting "blown out".) These are all iray. I just started messing with the 3DL versions.

View attachment 28302 View attachment 28303 View attachment 28304 View attachment 28305

eclark1894

Visionary
So finally some new WIPs from me- needless to say I think most if not all of you now know why I've been rather busy this summer so far:) So while I am still picking away at updating everything, I now can also get back to working on my own products again while I do the updates.

So these show some WIPs of some of my Black/White/Tuxedo set as I test them using the free LAMH presets. I would have to pick some hard ones:) Getting a nice shine on the blacks and whites is tough- hopefully some of you who are more DS/Iray shader savvy folks may have some ideas on that. I am pretty much using the settings Saiyaness suggested for her presets. Also this lighting is pretty boring/straight forward as I am also still not very savvy with iray lighting. Obviously I will be making some adjustments to the diffuse maps (like the pink nose getting "blown out".) These are all iray. I just started messing with the 3DL versions.

View attachment 28302 View attachment 28303 View attachment 28304 View attachment 28305
I hope you're working on a siamese.:inlove:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
And I'll add my support to that wish! We need someone to redress the balance and Tiny's work on the HW Gorilla was outstanding. She's a very talented lady and much respected! :balloon03:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
and here is another Tuxedo WIP with LAMH.

Actually going to get back on the Unicorn Wings today:) I have a lot of the Unicorn updated for iray and SF now- still doing some testing on all of that and so on but getting closer!

Tuxedo2LongIrayMat2.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Having NO DS compatibility with my brain... I'd have to have pic-numbered How To's for installing DS, the LAMH module, AND how to use the presets with the cat... sigh...such beautiful results tho, Laurie! The one thing that has always looked good to me coming out of DS (for humans anyway) is it's default lighting.... and also, FYI...To me, in MY opinion there is NO shine on a cat's fur in real life...I ALWAYS disable spec...just MY personal preference....

Question- Does DS export a png of it's renders so there is an alpha mask? (that way the furred cat can be placed into a poser rendered scene...)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I usually render straight into .png. I think there may be other options.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Lyne

Yes you can run a png image of just the cat just like one can in Poser and then composite in Photoshop same as always. I've done that plenty of times.

Also I won't be supplying MATs for the LAMH hair- just will have suggested iray settings for the particular coats in my ReadMe. (so you better read the ReadMe folks:) There are only 2 iray settings to change.

It would be easy enough to make a YouTube video showing the LAMH and etc process for the hair in DS. I'll put it on my list:)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
After hours and many breaks ... I finally got fur I'm almost satisfied with. I'm not sure whether I need higher density or shorter hair.

I've never had a lot of success with the styling options, so tend to control the hair with a combination of the back, down, side and gravity settings. The strongest gravity setting on any of the hair groups is a -0.5 on the legs, with -0.2 on the body, and 0 on the head fur.

Tsuki was considerate enough that she allowed me to study her to realize the hair on her ears and face are much shorter than that on her body.
What's really needed though are two hair groups per body part ... one shorter and denser, and a second that's not as dense, but longer.

Did I mention this was Poser?

In the Woodlands.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
After hours and many breaks ... I finally got fur I'm almost satisfied with. I'm not sure whether I need higher density or shorter hair.

I've never had a lot of success with the styling options, so tend to control the hair with a combination of the back, down, side and gravity settings. The strongest gravity setting on any of the hair groups is a -0.5 on the legs, with -0.2 on the body, and 0 on the head fur.

Tsuki was considerate enough that she allowed me to study her to realize the hair on her ears and face are much shorter than that on her body.
What's really needed though are two hair groups per body part ... one shorter and denser, and a second that's not as dense, but longer.

Did I mention this was Poser?

View attachment 28387

What? I don't get it. What did I miss, this being Poser and all? How is that possible?

This is some next level stuff you have going here. It looks really good Satira!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ram and Laurie. I like your panther body hair too.

For the Housecat, I set the head hair to grow upwards and rather than down and reduced the length. The longest hair was on the abdomen and chest, which was 0.0750, getting shorter on chest2 and up the neck to the head.

Of course, Tsuki is short haired, and since I was using her as my model, I went short, short, short.

upload_2017-8-3_11-51-40.png

After reading as much info as I could find on Poser Hair, I've found ignoring the instructions and fiddling with the gravity gives me far better results than trying to style the hair. Sometimes, I use absolutely no gravity at all. After all, if I'm doing a hairstyle that's supposed to stand up or be combed back, gravity rather defeats the objective.

It's also rare I can get a long hair style that is acceptable to me. This is one that I liked. I wanted the hair to be rather frizzy and a bit wild ... and I think I succeeded.
If I remember correctly, I tilted the figure backwards during the simulation of the hair groups.

Miranda.jpg