• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
No, you were generally understanding the question. I was wanting to try to make them brushes to use in my other program (PD Howler) and I didn't know if there was a "batch" way to do so.

Yes, I do need to get better at it. I do have GIMP (and GIMPShop which is just a menu conversion to have things say more like PhotoShop), and it does open there. But, I was having a time yesterday trying to figure out which was which as the tiles are VERY tiny on my laptop. Also, I didn't know that you could have them open in one place and then put them into a different pictures layers. I was having problems getting them to paste into new layers. But, it could be me, and it could be GIMP.

Thank you for the answer, and I hope life treats you well.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ah! Ok that helps! If you want to try make brushes out of them, I think this should work. Try opening one of the psd files in GIMP. Select a layer (try one of the ones that is much smaller than the entire window space). Copy that and the paste into a new widow/doc in GIMP. If it is like Photoshop, it will make the new doc the minimum size needed to paste that art in it. (Also if its an available option, I would make the background of the new doc transparent- in Photoshop that is part of the new window/doc dialog box. Then try making your brush either there (again I haven't used GIMP in years so not sure how that would be done there or if it can be done there) or in Howler (which I haven't even heard of before so I'm no help there:)

And thanks! I DID take a break and get in two really fabulous rides in on the Flashman over the weekend in between things- His shoulder-in is really coming along well, so I did a little haunches in today and he is starting to get that. Yay! Once he gets really solid/fluid with haunches-in, then all the really fun stuff begins, (like good flying lead changes etc:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yay! Hooray!! The Wings for Harry are now out! Thanks so much to KenG for bringing these to fruition!

Winged Horse for the HiveWire Horse - A Ken Gilliland & CWRW Collaboration at HiveWire 3D

WingedHorseSFmain.jpg

WingedHorseSF_Foal.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOOT!! Went right into my cart, and am downloading as I type this. :D

Sheesh, I can't recall the last time I purchased something right after it hit the store it was being sold at. ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Every single breed, texture set and so on (including Whisper and the Unicorn) will ALL get matching wings- I will be doing them as I update each breed etc to Superfly and Iray and will be released here. Up next will the Draft:)

Draft Iray WIP:

DraftIray1.jpg

Superfly WIP: (sorry this is without the breed morph/just base Harry)

DraftSF3.jpg