• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Harimau

Eager
WOW! Pegasus! What's next? Hippocampus?? Looking forwards to ALL.

Hippocamp_and_Dolphins_Kansas_City-City_Hall.jpg
original.jpg
Rome-Trevi-Fountain-water-horse-art.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Naw, just a Hippocampus with wings and a unicorn's horn... ;)
I did this one like soooooo........ long ago did the sketch in like 7th grade!
Small.jpg

I've been kicking the idea around for quite some time...... would have to be totally Photoshopped atm. The major problem is the balance between the tail and the chest/body. That's why most of your images of them have the tail coiled as such, but love how they handled it in Percy Jackson's Sea of Monsters https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/11/a8/4e/11a84e12660d27eeb228ff791b4aef6e.jpg . They treat it rather like a Plesiosaur .
The one at Daz is ......... well I find it rather a bit comical.

Lots of iridescent type shaders around too could be rather interesting!

I also think there is a fantasy thread for Harry. It might be better if Alisa could move these post over there and not clutter CWRW's product thread with them?

Last edited:

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My first time using the Mane n Tails 3 product (I also got the 1 and 2 versions recently).

I don't have PS, so I was trying to use them in GIMP, but couldn't figure it out, even with the tutorial (Disclaimer, I did have a migraine while trying to figure it out). So, ended up exporting 3 of the layers individually, to png so that I could use them in PD Howler which is my preferred. Is there an easier way to do the conversion/export? The png brushes ended up huge because it exports the entire surface of the image, even if it's only using a small part for the image. And, yes, I know that I need to learn to use GIMP or GIMPShop, so that I can follow the tutorials better, and not try to do stuff like this with a headache...but until then...? Suggestions on the question?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My first time using the Mane n Tails 3 product (I also got the 1 and 2 versions recently).

I don't have PS, so I was trying to use them in GIMP, but couldn't figure it out, even with the tutorial (Disclaimer, I did have a migraine while trying to figure it out). So, ended up exporting 3 of the layers individually, to png so that I could use them in PD Howler which is my preferred. Is there an easier way to do the conversion/export? The png brushes ended up huge because it exports the entire surface of the image, even if it's only using a small part for the image. And, yes, I know that I need to learn to use GIMP or GIMPShop, so that I can follow the tutorials better, and not try to do stuff like this with a headache...but until then...? Suggestions on the question?

Let me start by saying- sorry I haven't been around in the forms here fro some time (or my own thread to boot:) Nothing bad going just a lot happening in my world lately:)

So thanks for all of your patience!

For Dakorillon - I'msorry- I don't have any easy answers if I understand your question right. I can say that:

One: they are NOT brushes (though if someone wants to make a layer into a brush they certainly can. I don't have a "how to make a image into a brush" included in the tute but there are many good video tutes on youtube to show how to do that.

Two: The most critical requirements for using the Mane N Tail products os using a program that can read, understand, copy and paste psd files/layers correctly. If that is not the issue then the best answer I can give honestly is to learn how to use layers correctly in Photoshop or a program that can truly read psd files. It has been several years since I have used GIMP but last I used it/understood one can read and use layered psd files the same way as Photoshop can. It is not an export file- One needs to be able to open the included psd files in the program they are planning on using- for example GIMP- (again whatever the program is, it MUST support/be able to read psd layered files) and then Selecting all on a layer and copying, then going to your render or new document and pasting that on a new layer and manipulating that layer like any other using the tools that the given program provides such as scale, color adjustment and so on.

It is also very possible I misunderstood your question too, so please give me more info so I can help!

Laurie