• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Uh, what is a pz3 doing in the new Breeds- Thoroughbred doing in characters? I NEVER open a pz3 file in my own poser, as my poser interface is set up 'just so'... were we supposed to get a cr2 - a character or were these files to go into scene? For now, just hope there is an INJ... let me check... ok, got the pz2 INJ and the MC6 in materials...so all set. Just might want to put the pz3 in the right library? Thanks... LOVE the new breed and coat is utterly gorgeous, Laurie! :)

ACK! BRAIN GLITCH???... those ARE pz3's in my Character-breeds....this is weird! How could I never notice that before... poser must work differently since my move to 2014 and I never noticed?!?! do dooo do dooo twilight zone!?

sorry to bother but thought I'd leave this post and maybe someone can straighten my brain out? ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Uh, what is a pz3 doing in the new Breeds- Thoroughbred doing in characters? I NEVER open a pz3 file in my own poser, as my poser interface is set up 'just so'... were we supposed to get a cr2 - a character or were these files to go into scene? For now, just hope there is an INJ... let me check... ok, got the pz2 INJ and the MC6 in materials...so all set. Just might want to put the pz3 in the right library? Thanks... LOVE the new breed and coat is utterly gorgeous, Laurie! :)

ACK! BRAIN GLITCH???... those ARE pz3's in my Character-breeds....this is weird! How could I never notice that before... poser must work differently since my move to 2014 and I never noticed?!?! do dooo do dooo twilight zone!?

sorry to bother but thought I'd leave this post and maybe someone can straighten my brain out? ;)

Huh... not sure- that's not my end of things:) Maybe Alisa or Paul will know? I did just look myself and ALL the Breed Characters are pz3 files. So are the Foal Load All and Unicorn Load All...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I think possibly it's set up that way because you not only have the horse body, but also the mane and tail which are separate entities from the horse body. Might be easier to load it as a scene than each one individually ?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I think possibly it's set up that way because you not only have the horse body, but also the mane and tail which are separate entities from the horse body. Might be easier to load it as a scene than each one individually ?

I think that is it, NA-not only does the Horse have to load - so does the breed morph and the breed morphed tail and mane . all textures and so on. One can totally do it by hand as well using the INJs. Just a lot faster to load what one needs though, especially in the case of the Unicorn!:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So getting a lot closer on the wings for Harry. Was wanting to add some translucency to the wings. Had to muck around a lot to sort it out a bit as there are areas in the wing that didn't look good with the translucency. So aiming to have the base Wings for base Bay Harry, and also soon after, the Superfly and IRay updates for the Unicorn and Friesian and their matching wings in all 4 render engines. Then pick away at all the older set updates and new wings as I can. Many are WIP/pretty far along.

Still tweaking maps on these so these are WIP renders.

So here is our Unicorn with his wings in Superfly:
UnicornWingsHDRI_SF3.jpg

and in DS Iray:
UnicornWingsIray524.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Gorgeous, Laurie!

Yes, NA & Laurie are correct-it needs to be a pz3 to load everything in Poser. Less confusing, in a way, in DS, as every file is a .duf one ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Um... the wings are attached at the neck? I will get them of course, and assume one could place them at the wither/shoulders... so not a criticism... just asking... I LOVE your (and Ken's) wing work!!!!!!!!!!!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Um... the wings are attached at the neck? I will get them of course, and assume one could place them at the wither/shoulders... so not a criticism... just asking... I LOVE your (and Ken's) wing work!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Lyne

No they are at the shoulder- I think the pose shown in my previous post is "throwing you off". Here are some quick screen grabs to show the attachment better. They are basically the same as the wings Ken and I did for the old Mil Horse- but have been updated to better/higher res, new textures and of course a perfect fit for Harry:)

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 2.06.13 PM.png

Screen-Shot-2017-05-25-at-2.05.22-PM.jpg