• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

eclark1894

Visionary
I wonder if Laurie has ever done a Golden Palomino like Roy Roger's Trigger?
1639515398155.png

eclark1894

Visionary
LOL how did you guess what I am working on now?:) I am planning a wide range of palomino looks for a new set. Yes I do have the light "cream draught" color in my Ultra 1 set, but am planning more deep golden and chocolate type options.
I just mentioned Trigger in another thread, and aside from Trigger and Mr. Ed, I don't know many Palominos. :D Well, actually, I don't know any Palominos.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

The Draft Horse was made AFTER various pose packs or the poses were not optimized for the Draft Horse, so you WILL want to adjust your posing with the HW Draft Horse (yes he IS a Clydesdale...) Also note the "Load All" for the Draft Horse is "old"/uses Firefly or 3DL MATs (depending on which program) so you will need to manually apply Superfly or Iray MATs.

FWIW this is an iray render of the Draft Horse with the HW Big Dog: BFFs

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Awwww, you missed it! That pic I posted was of Elizabeth Taylor and National Velvet. When I saw it, you came to mind. :)
That was Elizabeth Taylor? The picture's so small it's hard to tell who's riding. As far as National Velvet's concerned, I've never gone to horse races, so wouldn't have recognized him either.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL yeah it is Liz! I couldn't see since the pic was kinda small..
The horse was "The Pie".. and fwiw, Liz was given "The Pie" as a birthday gift after filming was over! And...
"The Pie was portrayed by King Charles, a stunning seven-year-old chestnut Thoroughbred. His grandsire happened to be the legendary Man o’ War, making him a cousin to Seabiscuit.

Elizabeth Taylor first met King Charles while visiting the Rivera Country Club. His original owners had trained him as a showjumper. Taylor fell in love with the beautiful Thoroughbred, so MGM acquired him for $800.

In order to prepare for her role, Taylor spent countless hours riding, caring and bonding with King Charles. She would take 90-minute riding lessons and help with his care at the instruction of Riviera Country Club and Dupee Stables in Hollywood."

Last edited: