• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
You think those wings will fit on Dusk or Dawn?

The shapes are too different to conform properly to the back and getting them to behave properly would require new rigging and morphs-- the wings fall to each side of the horse whereas on a human they would have to be positioned entirely on the back. It really would have to be a solo model to work properly (and would be way down on the to-do list). What "could" happen and "might" is a wing set for the Cat/Big Cat-- that's a much easier conversion-- but for now, it's back to birds and frogs for me...

Beautiful job on the wing maps, Laurie :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I have a render cooking with Dusk and the wings, but you will have to parent them to chest 2 . If you will give me a few, I will have it sorted, and I will try and post it over in the Dusk thread.

I very much like the idea of a cat conversion on down the road at some point!

May we have some more frogs and birds and moths please!! :)

eclark1894

Visionary
The shapes are too different to conform properly to the back and getting them to behave properly would require new rigging and morphs-- the wings fall to each side of the horse whereas on a human they would have to be positioned entirely on the back. It really would have to be a solo model to work properly (and would be way down on the to-do list). What "could" happen and "might" is a wing set for the Cat/Big Cat-- that's a much easier conversion-- but for now, it's back to birds and frogs for me...

Beautiful job on the wing maps, Laurie :)
Awwww!:cry:

eclark1894

Visionary
I have a render cooking with Dusk and the wings, but you will have to parent them to chest 2 . If you will give me a few, I will have it sorted, and I will try and post it over in the Dusk thread.

I very much like the idea of a cat conversion on down the road at some point!

May we have some more frogs and birds and moths please!! :)
ooohh! Pigs with wings!!!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So finally some new WIPs from me- needless to say I think most if not all of you now know why I've been rather busy this summer so far:) So while I am still picking away at updating everything, I now can also get back to working on my own products again while I do the updates.

So these show some WIPs of some of my Black/White/Tuxedo set as I test them using the free LAMH presets. I would have to pick some hard ones:) Getting a nice shine on the blacks and whites is tough- hopefully some of you who are more DS/Iray shader savvy folks may have some ideas on that. I am pretty much using the settings Saiyaness suggested for her presets. Also this lighting is pretty boring/straight forward as I am also still not very savvy with iray lighting. Obviously I will be making some adjustments to the diffuse maps (like the pink nose getting "blown out".) These are all iray. I just started messing with the 3DL versions.

TuxedoLongIrayMat2.jpg TuxedoShort_IRmat1.jpg White_ShortIrayMat2.jpg WhiteLongIray1.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Sooooooooo Cute! I wish LAMH worked with Poser or that I could work better with DS lol as it stands I can work it barely well enough to set my own stuff up and try to get a half decent promo lol

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looking really good! Maybe a specular only light in DS for the sheen you're going for?

Such sweet kitties!

Thanks! Sounds good but I still haven't sorted out how to do that in Iray:) The main light wants to wipe out any other lights I add/they never do anything. I need to find some time to watch some iray lighting tutes in my copious spare time.:)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ah, yes I should have picked up on that. Iray is an avenue yet unexplored for me. I know white and black fur is a challenge for sure. Your look great!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ah, yes I should have picked up on that. Iray is an avenue yet unexplored for me. I know white and black fur is a challenge for sure. Your look great!

Yes LOL one would think black and/or white would be easy but so not!!!