• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's products at HiveWire

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Vows & Honor were we got a good look at them, and where all of Riss' Famous Cousin Warral stories came from. Riss being the Kyree who helps Trevayn and Hydona with the twins. Warral being Tarma's bondmate. Spelling may be off on the names.

I wonder if Sparky's critter could do a gryphon... with the help of Ken's wings of course.

Speedr8cer5

Today, my day consisted mostly of waiting around for renders to happen, so I played in ZBrush again. I wasn't feeling very artistic, so I thought I'd do something rather more utilitarian. I made an M4 clone for Dusk. The work went more smoothly than I'd anticipated, and I got it all done in a few hours.

View attachment 32936
Can you tell who is the REAL Michael 4? LOL

To test its suitability for my purposes, I decided to try and convert the boar character I'm currently working on. Here he is fresh from the Transfer Utility.

View attachment 32937
Clearly, he needs some clean up, but it was a solid starting point.

With the M4 clone shape still in play, I was able to project my original polypaint on M4 straight onto Dusk. After that was done, I removed the M4 clone shape, did any final touch ups to the shape and added some hooved legs (the M4 character uses the Creature Creator conforming legs).

Here's a quick and dirty render in Studio of the shape and diffuse textures applied.
View attachment 32938

Still need to paint hooves onto the texture and convert the bump/specular maps, but all-in-all, I think it was a successful experiment, and I'm hoping to be able to support a wider range of figures more easily in the future. Just need to hack myself the time to create a clone army. ;-)

Would love to see the Ruckus morph added in to Dusk with the Boar character to see a bulkier hulking wild Boar look.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
He's got some interesting creatures. Mythological and otherwise. Only a few of them are supported in Studio, but I've found with the Poser weightmapped ones which were freebies that if I use the included poses they don't distort too much to use.

And I used his Ghost Demon for the Dementors in the 'Birds of a Feather: Voyage #2' project without much trouble.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I have been a bit back and forth to the hospital (family emergency) but the work helps keep my mind off things. So, hopefully this project (and the others I am working on) will continue at a reasonable pace. Just putting it out there that I might not be as responsive to messages and such as I would like to be, and I haven't even caught up with messages from my last hiatus. :-S

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Wondered if there is any progress on your beautiful newborn puppy set for the HW Dog?
Also as an avid users of many of your beautiful kit morphs for Mil4 figures, and LOVE for your most recent beastie Were Beast, I wonder if we are going to be seeing any other offerings from your Philosophers Egg

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure what's going on with the puppies. I submitted my newborn puppies to QA months ago, but they were postponed. They didn't want to release it before the HW dog base figure was updated, which took forever. That's why all those projects I was working on haven't made it to the store. I think HW was supposed to do the updates to the product so that it works properly on the updated figure, but no one has been keeping me apprised of the situation at all.

I will certainly be adding to my Philosopher's Egg store in the near future. I'm not sure what projects will be in the pipeline, but there will certainly be some more critters over there!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'm not sure what's going on with the puppies. I submitted my newborn puppies to QA months ago, but they were postponed. They didn't want to release it before the HW dog base figure was updated, which took forever. That's why all those projects I was working on haven't made it to the store. I think HW was supposed to do the updates to the product so that it works properly on the updated figure, but no one has been keeping me apprised of the situation at all.

I will certainly be adding to my Philosopher's Egg store in the near future. I'm not sure what projects will be in the pipeline, but there will certainly be some more critters over there!
Cool? More creatures or other stuff at the store?
BTW I tried contacting you about your M4 Werebeast but got no response. UI have noticed a weird break in the cheek when it is fully opening mouth for snarl or howl showing inner mouth/teeth and gums protruding. have you noticed such weirdness?