• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

Sparky's products at HiveWire

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Vows & Honor were we got a good look at them, and where all of Riss' Famous Cousin Warral stories came from. Riss being the Kyree who helps Trevayn and Hydona with the twins. Warral being Tarma's bondmate. Spelling may be off on the names.

I wonder if Sparky's critter could do a gryphon... with the help of Ken's wings of course.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Maybe a little off topic but it is sorta on when discussing Sparky's cool Anthro creations.
Has anyone else seen the great (at least I think it's great) Krampus figure just up in DAZ store?
NEW: Krampus HD for Genesis 8 Male | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
OLD (also great but looks more like a satyr): Krampus Demon for Genesis 3 Male | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
When I see stuff like this and their Single mesh Centaur and Minotaur Genesis based figures, I go out of my mind I never learned D/S!
Wish my head wasn't so damn dead....or wish they were also available for Poser. I just can't help feeling frustrated and even cheated! :((

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Vows & Honor were we got a good look at them, and where all of Riss' Famous Cousin Warral stories came from. Riss being the Kyree who helps Trevayn and Hydona with the twins. Warral being Tarma's bondmate. Spelling may be off on the names.

I wonder if Sparky's critter could do a gryphon... with the help of Ken's wings of course.
Gryphon would be nice. I have a few from DAZ and elsewhere and some kit-bashed versions But never really like them much...not the creature the 3D version.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I went there and typed Gryphon and got squat bit here is one result when I typed griffin:
The Legendary Griffin | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
The RAW Griffin gives you extra stuff for above:
Raw Griffins | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
There is also a REALLY nice morph++ set for the DAZ Big Cat2:
Griffin for DAZ Big Cat 2 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D if you are working in D/S and have the Big Cat2
And Griffin Wings also for DAZ Big Cat 2 & D/S:
Griffin Wings for DAZ Big Cat 2 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Hope one of these works for you. Good luck!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Don't do the big cat 2. I do have the legendary griffin, don't have the Raw Art expansion though.

Thanks for looking!

Speedr8cer5

Today, my day consisted mostly of waiting around for renders to happen, so I played in ZBrush again. I wasn't feeling very artistic, so I thought I'd do something rather more utilitarian. I made an M4 clone for Dusk. The work went more smoothly than I'd anticipated, and I got it all done in a few hours.

View attachment 32936
Can you tell who is the REAL Michael 4? LOL

To test its suitability for my purposes, I decided to try and convert the boar character I'm currently working on. Here he is fresh from the Transfer Utility.

View attachment 32937
Clearly, he needs some clean up, but it was a solid starting point.

With the M4 clone shape still in play, I was able to project my original polypaint on M4 straight onto Dusk. After that was done, I removed the M4 clone shape, did any final touch ups to the shape and added some hooved legs (the M4 character uses the Creature Creator conforming legs).

Here's a quick and dirty render in Studio of the shape and diffuse textures applied.
View attachment 32938

Still need to paint hooves onto the texture and convert the bump/specular maps, but all-in-all, I think it was a successful experiment, and I'm hoping to be able to support a wider range of figures more easily in the future. Just need to hack myself the time to create a clone army. ;-)
Would love to see the Ruckus morph added in to Dusk with the Boar character to see a bulkier hulking wild Boar look.

JOdel

Extraordinary
HW Honey Bear
He's got some interesting creatures. Mythological and otherwise. Only a few of them are supported in Studio, but I've found with the Poser weightmapped ones which were freebies that if I use the included poses they don't distort too much to use.

And I used his Ghost Demon for the Dementors in the 'Birds of a Feather: Voyage #2' project without much trouble.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I have been a bit back and forth to the hospital (family emergency) but the work helps keep my mind off things. So, hopefully this project (and the others I am working on) will continue at a reasonable pace. Just putting it out there that I might not be as responsive to messages and such as I would like to be, and I haven't even caught up with messages from my last hiatus. :-S