• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yup. Lots of useful pieces in Littlefox's sets. I've been using the Infamous boots for years. Best Victorian boots I've ever managed to find.

Have used the collar and jabot a lot too.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I used Sunfire's long dynamic skirt, (found here at HW), collided with saddle & Dawn only and went 50 frames so it would 'relax' better with her mounted. That hat is a charmer, I only have the A3 version. I also used Glitterattie's riding boots!

Hornet3d

Wise
The first time in about a month that I have time to play in Poser, nothing too creative but it is great to find the time to produce a render.

Space Base 2 HW.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, just playing with an outfit I treated myself to for my b'day last month, which is for Dawn and a couple of other characters. It's a dynamic set, and I've gotten fairly good at working with dynamic clothing in the past year or so, thanks to beta testing for Satira, who does a lot of dynamic sets. I've gotten to like working with dynamic cloth. ;)

CasualSummer-SF.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
OK, just playing with an outfit I treated myself to for my b'day last month, which is for Dawn and a couple of other characters. It's a dynamic set, and I've gotten fairly good at working with dynamic clothing in the past year or so, thanks to beta testing for Satira, who does a lot of dynamic sets. I've gotten to like working with dynamic cloth. ;)

This is the kind of clothing that would benefit from constrained groups for the most part to simplify and speed things up. Dynamics shine at parts that are not close to the body, like ponchos, skirts, capes, and dresses. This one is a pretty good candidate for conforming. I see nothing that justifies it being dynamic.

Playing with the just released Octane 4 in Poser (official release last night!), the new 3D paths from Poser 11.1, Walk Designer, and my upcoming Body Type-8 that is currently on the store QAV. It uses my side-parted hair and shoes. I had to cut the size down because of uploading file size limitations. GIF animations are extremely inefficient when it comes to image quality and file size. It's probably the worst in both cases, but there is still nothing better. Does HW support animated PNGs?

You can see the full sized animation by clicking on it.

DawnType8Walk_400.gif

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not sure, but I know there have been videos on product pages. I just don't know about animated PNGs or GIFs.

As far as that outfit being good for conforming, I have to agree. It's a very simple style, so rigging shouldn't be too hard. I just don't remember if the vendor does conforming, or just finds it easier to do dynamic for multiple figures.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I can see the appeal for making one outfit and refitting it to many figures as dynamic. That's probably the reason. I have seen plenty of it at Rendo.

It's kind of unbelievable that GIF is still the only option for web animations after decades. There was some fuss about animated PNGs, but I don't know what browsers (or forums) support them. We are stuck with highly inefficient GIFs.

Miss B

CV-BEE
More than likely the big difference in "weight" of the final animation, as PNGs have so much more detail.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, PNGs are not limited to GIFs 256 color and only 8-bit transparency. I just don't know decent tools to create animated PNGs, if it offers better file sizes, and what sites support the format. It doesn't seem very popular, but there must be something better than grampa GIF.