• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Because the Himation didn't drape properly over her arm, and instead was intersecting with the Shield. There are two arm bands on the back of the Shield, and though you can't see the second one near her elbow, the Himation crumbled badly over the Shield and that part of her arm. So instead of getting a nice drape down her left side, it was very weird.

One way to handle this would be NOT to collide with the shield, and then use the Morphing Tool to handle any pokethrus, which is what it was originally created for. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Type-6 does stand out in a crowd:). Type-6 was perfect for Vixen, and Type-5's athletic build was perfect for Dancer.

I have been working hard on Type-7 and 8. As much as I try to release them in numeric order, it once again looks like Type-8 will be ready for release before Type-7. ;p

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's ok I'm still going to buy them both.:p

Wow thanks for the confidence! ^____^

Type-8 is barely ready, but I have been using Type-7 quite a lot in my Poser, DS and iClone renders. I am still amazed how faithful it looks in iClone, considering it's not even the same figure. I wish we could do this kind of magic in Poser/DS, so we could use Genesis and Vicky 4 morphs in Dawn, to include character morphs. I have exported Dawn characters, such as Skyla from Poser and Amelia from DS to CC3, and they end up looking identical to the originals in the iClone figure. Crazy stuff! :D

Rokket

Dances with Bees
WIP.png
WIP2.png

Another costume for Dawn I am working on. It's about 20% complete or so. Can you guess who it is?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I'm going to have to check Elektra out, as I'm not familiar with her.

Edited to Add: OK, I found cover art in Wikipedia, though I'll probably have to look at a few more links to see more of her outfit.

OK, found a link to My Comics Shop that had a whole slew of covers of each of the Elektra series, so I now have an idea of what her full outfit's supposed to look like. Niiiiice. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I did see a likeness between your Dawn render, and the cover art I saw on Wikipedia. Nicely done. Look forward to seeing how this turns out. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Dawn horsing around in iClone. The outfit was converted from V4 (Treasure Hunter), and morph is Amelia. The hat, horse and tack, are from iClone. I've put the character together in Poser, exported to FBX from DS, converted with CC3, and animated with iClone. It's the full circle. I made it only 15 frames per second to keep the animated GIF file size small. The hair was static, so I've painted a greyscale map to make it dynamic. We can do this in Poser with the Bullet engine, but it's very finicky to control. iClone offers several physics presets just for hair, which is the kind of approach I wish we could have in Poser. The presets are almost useless, since dynamics depend on mesh density and topology, but iClone gives us full control for customization.

Before anybody asks, iClone supports quadrupeds - it's CC3 that doesn't (yet). That is, I can't import the HW horse, but I can use the ones from iClone. This is a prime example of how much simpler it is to animate in iClone than in Poser or DS. It only took me a few minutes to put this animation together. It's a lot of FUN! Just a pity GIF only supports 256 colors, but that's the only way to post animations.

HorsingAround.gif

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like the style, I'm just not sure I like the color of the "shoe/sock" part. You have a lighter color holding the "knee pad" in place, but the lower portion of the boots is even lighter. Maybe a bit too light.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I like the style, I'm just not sure I like the color of the "shoe/sock" part. You have a lighter color holding the "knee pad" in place, but the lower portion of the boots is even lighter. Maybe a bit too light.
That was just one of the things I saw that I didn't like. I am going to redo them later. Trying to copy the reference photo is proving much harder than I thought it would be. The poly count gets out of hand pretty fast.