• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Gisela

Eager
Dawn Se, Baby Luna, HW Big Dog, HW House Cat. Dawn it's wearing clothes from the texture challenges by Sambie with Fabiana's Material. Kirite Hair. Big Dog Wears The Bandana, don't remember by whom but I like this product a lot.
Daz Apartment 39 with some furniture from many props of my runtime re texture on the material room. Big Dog is using the bed and pose by Mininessie at Hivewire. Very good product. Render it's made in poser 11 with firefly engine.Thanks for look.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow, nicely put together render Gisela. It's nice to see folks grab things from different sets, and put together such a nice setting. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@Gisela I love that bandanna on the dog, too! If you ever remember where you found it, I'd be very interested. :) And wow, people are still using those old kiddie play blocks! I'm so glad they still see use! They're old enough that I modeled them in Wings3D - I hadn't even moved to Blender yet! :roflmao:

Do you happen to remember where Sanbie's freebies were located? I know she had a whole bunch of the Texture Challenge stuff, but I can't find it anymore, and I haven't seen her post anywhere in months...

The scene as a whole works really well together. Great rendition of a casual afternoon at home. I really like it. Set dressing to build up mixed environments like this can be really enjoyable. Great render.

Gisela

Eager
@Gisela I love that bandanna on the dog, too! If you ever remember where you found it, I'd be very interested. :) And wow, people are still using those old kiddie play blocks! I'm so glad they still see use! They're old enough that I modeled them in Wings3D - I hadn't even moved to Blender yet! :roflmao:

Do you happen to remember where Sanbie's freebies were located? I know she had a whole bunch of the Texture Challenge stuff, but I can't find it anymore, and I haven't seen her post anywhere in months...

The scene as a whole works really well together. Great rendition of a casual afternoon at home. I really like it. Set dressing to build up mixed environments like this can be really enjoyable. Great render.
Thank you. Sorry for forgot mentioned you as you made those blocks. They're really good and easy to work with. I love the colors. I found them at share Co.
@Rae134 Thank you for answer the question about the bandana. Thank you Miss B. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
still waiting for the "fix" set (crotch area, etc.).....

Oh I have been using it all over my renders. I call it "Perfect Pelvis Posing" (PPP), and I think it's good as it is, morph-wise. I just need to adjust the JCM ratios so that it morphs smoothly in-between. I still see some jumping in the transitions when dialing, and I think it's related to the way JCMs are created in Poser, where they try to automate things, sometimes not letting me do what I want. It tries to guess it, and it sometimes doesn't get it right. I also have to come up with a kill switch for the DS version, since DS doesn't support injections.

I know, it's all technical mambo-jumbo. It's fine for personal use as it is, but going commercial needs the whole nine yards of bullet-proofing. It will get there. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was a little stuck on how to hook-up symmetrical JCMs in DS (multiple keys), but Paul has kindly explained that to me, and now I have a final candidate for "Body Type-7" that fully works in both Poser and DS. Below is the DS version with all the bells and whistles. I was also confused on how to hook-up a JCM with a double-dependency in DS, but now it's a all working. Things are so simple in Poser with the Dependency Editor, but in DS things can be a bit strange because each of these cases are done in a different way. So much that for a while I came to believe that DS didn't support JCMs controlled by multiple keys, but now I see how it's done - strangely using the animation timeline to setup the keys and values. In Poser it's done with the Dependency Editor, and with DS it's all over the place.

But now that I know where things are in DS, this won't be a problem anymore because it's all a matter of getting used to it. The cool thing is that I've created all the morphs and JCMs in Poser with the Morphing Tool, and was able to use them in DS without changes. The difference is on HOW they are used. When all is done, the final result is identical. ^_____^

DS Render.jpg

RobZhena

Adventurous
This is @Satira Capriccio's Aoide character and kit bashed version of her Gaia's gifts outfit and Gaia's daughters poses and props. I don't use dynamics, so I rigged the chiton. I had to rig the himation from the Hellenic outfit for G3F. I created a Dawn fit for Ero's PE dress mannequin (like my Pauline freebie) to provide the skirt handles, though you have to adjust the poses because PE has no Abdomen 2 or Chest 2. The hair is Odessa hair for G3F. Yeah, I know. It would look better dynamic. But it works!

Aoide.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is @Satira Capriccio's Aoide character and kit bashed version of her Gaia's gifts outfit and Gaia's daughters poses and props. I don't use dynamics, so I rigged the chiton. I had to rig the himation from the Hellenic outfit for G3F. I created a Dawn fit for Ero's PE dress mannequin (like my Pauline freebie) to provide the skirt handles, though you have to adjust the poses because PE has no Abdomen 2 or Chest 2. The hair is Odessa hair for G3F. Yeah, I know. It would look better dynamic. But it works!

Wow, you went through a lot of trouble to make this render. If you had used it as dynamic, you wouldn't even have to run a simulation. In this pose you could get away with just letting the cloth drape, which is faster than cloth sims. I think this is a case where dynamic would make it easier and faster, unless the dress is super poly-heavy.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, so you set up the drape frames, but you don't sim it? Do you do that all in Frame 1?

Up until I beta tested Doug Hunter's Steampunk outfits, I had never used the draping effect, but that's how he set it up to get the slim line of the dress design to work with whatever pose you choose.

Now I'm going to have to try that out for sure, though I liked simming the Chiton and Himation, and I'm not sure all of the poses Satira included in the pack would work with just draping for the Chiton. The Himation possibly, depending on whether you have Dawn in a pose with one of her props, as then you would want the Himation to drape properly over her left arm.

A case in point, in the render I posted in Satira's products thread (see link below), Athena is holding a large Shield on her left arm, and it took a lot of steps and tweaking to get the Himation to sim properly so it didn't collide with the arm bands on the back of the Shield.

Athena Warrior Goddess

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hmmmm, so you set up the drape frames, but you don't sim it? Do you do that all in Frame 1?

Yes, you keep only 1 frame in the timeline, and use it for draping. The number of iterations to drape for depends on a lot of things, and I like to speed it up by increasing the cloth mass, so it settles faster. Of course, we can only use this method in poses where the cloth is not intersecting with the body. Even when it is, we can compensate by starting from the T-pose, but it becomes rather unpredictable.

A case in point, in the render I posted in Satira's products thread (see link below), Athena is holding a large Shield on her left arm, and it took a lot of steps and tweaking to get the Himation to sim properly so it didn't collide with the arm bands on the back of Shield.

Why do you worry about what happens where the camera cannot see, like behind the shield?

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Dawn Supergirl.jpg

Dawn SE with all of her face morphs set to .500.
I did this one as an exercise to continue to develop my individual style as I learn more and more about the math behind the materials room. That is why I just used an old suit I made for her. I redid the UV maps and created some more texture maps from those, then used color math node and some masks to give me the effects I was looking for in regards to her emblem.Oh, and there are two colors, but only ONE material zone for her jumper. I got the different textures on there using the same masks.
I am happy with my workflow now, so I want to make Dawn into another super heroine. Just not sure which one yet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Why do you worry about what happens where the camera cannot see, like behind the shield?
Because the Himation didn't drape properly over her arm, and instead was intersecting with the Shield. There are two arm bands on the back of the Shield, and though you can't see the second one near her elbow, the Himation crumbled badly over the Shield and that part of her arm. So instead of getting a nice drape down her left side, it was very weird.

Satira and I discussed this issue a lot during the beta phase, and she came up with some great suggestions for working with a number of the props, like the Shield, that helped me sim the Himation nicely.