Share your HiveWire Horse Renders Here!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by HiveWire3D, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Dan30, jonrea, xmasrose and 3 others like this.
  2. Dakorillon (IMArts)

I wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it to a better place if needed. I'm sorry if you don't have Facebook, I tried to find a youtube version of this, but it was too cool not to share.

Gisela and xmasrose like this.
  3. VortigensBane

VortigensBane Busy Bee

[​IMG]

If you mean this kind of hussar uniform, I would be extremely interested... ;)

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  4. Freyfaxi

Freyfaxi Adventurous

Yeah..it's looking good..but I suspect he's referring to the Napoleonic French or British hussar of the 1815 era ?

5. Freyfaxi

Freyfaxi Adventurous

Cross draw ? Then the position shown makes sense :) I apologise for the comment above :)

6. HaiGan

HaiGan Engaged Contributing Artist

Thank you for posting, very handy reference for animation! I've always tried to show the correct degree of pastern movement in my animations, hopefully successfully (equivalents for Harry are on my 'in progress' list, but that's about a mile long). Mainly posting here now to help remind myself to come back to it once I'm back from holiday next week (and also to remind myself to finish the horseshoes already).

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  7. FreyrStrongart

FreyrStrongart Adventurous Contributing Artist

actually no... I have observed that all pistols have the handle forward, the reason probably being that you draw them over cross. And then the handle is in the right position. Overcross makes sense, because the holsters are tilted to the center and it would be a lot more awkward to draw the pistol same side as you have to twist your wrist into an unnatural position.

oops. Already answered. Still... it did strike me as strange too initially

8. FreyrStrongart

lol.. yes.. I guess there is more use to the dolman and goldbraid uniform set, as that was very widely used throughout that area and later and its mainly a matter of detailing to distinguish the different regiments and armies. The winged hussar is a fantastic armour but I am not much for hardware. My programs are better suited to do clothing stuff. So... once I've done the saddle and bridle... (another EUW!) I will probably tackle a basic uniform which will allow customisation.

9. FreyrStrongart

10. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Just taking time to play as I work on a set of BeJeweled Wings. :)
    This is the coat Rae made for BeJeweled Shimmered set.|
    The wings are what I just made a bit ago

BJ Wings-06d .jpg

11. FreyrStrongart

Helios! now you just need a cart for it to drag! And a golden boy :D

12. Dakorillon (IMArts)

13. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

That put a smile on my face Dak. Very cute. ;)

14. FreyrStrongart

15. Dakorillon (IMArts)

I agree! It needs a little more morphing to actually work for the lion, which I don't have the skills to do, but it was close enough that it only took a tiny bit of post work. I totally love these tails! And yes, I need more textures! lol.

In ancient Greece a Makara was any 1/2 fish animal, and they had a variety of them, goat, lion, etc. What was it with the Greeks and Romans and Egyptians all making these 1/2 animals, Anubis, Bast, Chimeras, Centaurs, Fauns...etc.

16. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Gypsies

[​IMG]

Gisela, Carey, Janet and 5 others like this.
  17. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Rae134, xmasrose, mininessie and 2 others like this.
  18. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

mininessie, Janet and Rae134 like this.
  19. FreyrStrongart

Testrender.jpg
    Wiking night

Ok... nothing in this scene actually fits together. Wikings weren't really horsemen, the saddle is different from what they would have had, the saddle cloth is more scythian than anything else (which doesn't go with the saddle, they had just pillows) and the sword is Elvish...

Still, I like it how it came out. I am now in the process of rigging the saddle and stuff... which might be quite a challenge. We will see how things turn out. And then I need to do the proper bridle... with TWO sets of reins!

20. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

That looks awesome FreyrStrongart!