• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
how much interest would there be for a generic hussar uniform? The Problem is the huge variety of different braidings...

If you mean this kind of hussar uniform, I would be extremely interested... ;)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it to a better place if needed.
Thank you for posting, very handy reference for animation! I've always tried to show the correct degree of pastern movement in my animations, hopefully successfully (equivalents for Harry are on my 'in progress' list, but that's about a mile long). Mainly posting here now to help remind myself to come back to it once I'm back from holiday next week (and also to remind myself to finish the horseshoes already).

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Looking great. One suggestion if I may ? I think the pistols should be turned around..so butt of handle facing rider..easier to get hand around pistol when drawing the pistol from holster, . The rider doesn't need to twist his hand around to draw pistol ?
actually no... I have observed that all pistols have the handle forward, the reason probably being that you draw them over cross. And then the handle is in the right position. Overcross makes sense, because the holsters are tilted to the center and it would be a lot more awkward to draw the pistol same side as you have to twist your wrist into an unnatural position.

oops. Already answered. Still... it did strike me as strange too initially

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Yeah..it's looking good..but I suspect he's referring to the Napoleonic French or British hussar of the 1815 era ?
lol.. yes.. I guess there is more use to the dolman and goldbraid uniform set, as that was very widely used throughout that area and later and its mainly a matter of detailing to distinguish the different regiments and armies. The winged hussar is a fantastic armour but I am not much for hardware. My programs are better suited to do clothing stuff. So... once I've done the saddle and bridle... (another EUW!) I will probably tackle a basic uniform which will allow customisation.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
wow.. cool idea! for the lion the whale shark texture would look very good.
I agree! It needs a little more morphing to actually work for the lion, which I don't have the skills to do, but it was close enough that it only took a tiny bit of post work. I totally love these tails! And yes, I need more textures! lol.

In ancient Greece a Makara was any 1/2 fish animal, and they had a variety of them, goat, lion, etc. What was it with the Greeks and Romans and Egyptians all making these 1/2 animals, Anubis, Bast, Chimeras, Centaurs, Fauns...etc.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

Carey

Extraordinary
This is one of my very favorite pictures! When I originally created it, I used the fawns that are free from Lyne. But I was tempted to do it again with the mini horse foal I made using the HiveWire Horse.

Credits:

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Foal by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Horse - Arabian by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Shetland Pony by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Quarter Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Songbird Remix Hawaii (Akipola au) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

Lisa's Botanicals Cherry Tree by LisasBotanicals at HiveWire 3D

Fairy Blossoms
View attachment 26982

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Testrender.jpg

Wiking night

Ok... nothing in this scene actually fits together. Wikings weren't really horsemen, the saddle is different from what they would have had, the saddle cloth is more scythian than anything else (which doesn't go with the saddle, they had just pillows) and the sword is Elvish...

Still, I like it how it came out. I am now in the process of rigging the saddle and stuff... which might be quite a challenge. We will see how things turn out. And then I need to do the proper bridle... with TWO sets of reins!