• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Midnight Madness
Midnight Madness 101z.jpg

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Working on the horseblanket and having to fight with gForce I wanted to see how the horse mane and tail would work as a dynamic simulation. It doesn't look too bad, one problem is that the movement of the horse is static so the hair just drops. I added a wind node which worked mostly ok with the mane but the tail somehow didn't really profit from it, the horse's body more or less blocked the effect. Also the fetlocks didn't quite work as they should have, probably because of the greenery around them. Didn't really want to spend more time on it as this was a test render... but I think there are possibilities using gForce with the horse.

buddies.jpg

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
There are certainly possibilities with dForce and Harry's mail, tail, and fetlocks. I did a few quick tests along a similar idea, and it worked really well; it is just a question of getting the weight node set up right, and applying the right parameters to the hair. The horse's body does get a bit in the way for the tail, though. What I really want is for dForce to be able to interact with LAMH presets...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Awesome work guys!! @luannemarie that reminds me of one of my favorite artist as far as romantic horse images go Nene Thomas, and WOW @FreyrStrongart love the horse blanket!!

This is an old one, but thought I would post it anyway!!

Happy Easter Everyone!!

What do you mean ............ I'm not the Easter Bunny?
Whisper2 copy.jpg

Products Used: Whisper for the Hivewire horse, Lisa's botanicals A Curious Proliferation, Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flowers, Soft Pastel Prism Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flowers, Curious Grasses and Vines

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Miss B, later this week I will change the avatar to the one with blue hair.
I love Photoshop, can change my hair color easy there.
This one was cropped from the one my daughter took yesterday showing my Easter Basket. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you.
My face shows I've lost some weight and my niece actually asked me if I had since she last saw me this year.
As you can see, no make-up there.
I haven't worn make-up much since giving up my Beauty Instructor job in 1981.
Never really liked the feel of it on my face.