• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Would that work in Poser if you want to create a pose for the horse and a pole that is already parented to an object?
When I parent a pole to the floor of my carousel and the try to parent Harry to the pole, the mane, tail and fets explode.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
The "Visible in Simulation" checkbox in the parameters tab is in DAZ Studio, and is specific to dForce simulations. From my understanding regarding dForce, making an item invisible in the viewport does not affect the simulation; the "hidden" object is still calculated with the simulation. The only way to make it not interact with the simulation is to uncheck the "Visible in Simulation" checkbox in the Parameters tab.

In Poser, the same result can be had by chosing "Cloth Collision Objects," > "Add/Remove", and then de-selecting whatever you do not want the cloth object to interact with. Making an item invisible in Poser theoretically makes the item not interact with the cloth simulation, but it has been a while since I ran a cloth sim in Poser. I much prefer for visualization purposes to leave the object visible, but to make it not collide with the simulation.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
From my own unfortunate experience in a similar area; Harry-centric, actually... If you select the tail figure (and/or the mane figure), and then go to the parameters tab, uncheck "Visible in simulation", and the tail (or mane) will no longer affect your simulation at all. You can think of it as the Cloth Room's "Collide with" dialogue. Anything with the "visible in the simulation" box checked will collide with your draping object (and cause problems), while even if something is still visible onscreen, but the "visible in simulation" checkbox is de-selected, it will not influence the simulation at all.

Great job on the blanket, by the way... ;)
ah yes... lol... that is the other way to go about it. The point is, that it is possible to do with a bit of fiddling :p. I might add a foal blanket, because it really has to be completely different to work with the foal. Just will have to figure out how to rig it so that it will work with the foal.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

So I've been working on the horseblanket and bandages. Textured them and fiddled with gforce. It's rather tricky but the results look pretty ok if you don't look too closely at the buckles. You just CAN'T simulate the blanket with the tail showing!... I even had to hide the tailbones to get it to work! Because regardless of whether I pose the tail and memorize the pose... it will always start with the tail straigt out and then pinch the tailcover down. Hiding the tail while simulating did the trick... mostly.
Blanket also works fairly ok with most morph but needs a bit of tweaking. Definitely not a 'one click and everything is perfect' experience. But if you have the patience you can get very nice results.

View attachment 35453
WOW!! Love this!!!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Grabbed Nerd's Waves tool yesterday and played around a bit.

HWHorseBeachWaves.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I don't think I have that one. Guess I'll have to check into it. ;)

It was one of those tools priced just a little too high over at DAZ for me to justify. I grabbed it in the Swarm sale yesterday and am glad I did.

I need to spend more time to use it effectively, but it's a nice piece of Poser technology.

I did cheat on that image, though. I used the P11 Construct and ghostship's sand textures instead of Nerd's sand dunes. I just like the sand better from ghost and it works the same way.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh Waves on the Beach, I remember that one. For some reason I grabbed about 5 or 6 of his "tool" sets over the years, but never got that set. Hmmmmm . . . . .

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Ohhhhh Waves on the Beach, I remember that one. For some reason I grabbed about 5 or 6 of his "tool" sets over the years, but never got that set. Hmmmmm . . . . .

Yeah, same here......Blowing in the Wind tool, Waterfall tool, Fog Tool, never seemed to grab the Waves tool until I saw it in the Swarm Sale yesterday and grabbed it up.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I have those 3, as well as Footsteps, Spray Tool and Rain Tool.

Anyway, just grabbed the Waves on the Beach. Now to see how long it takes me to set up a scene with it. ;)

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I got that Wave's tool..never really got around to playing with it. Seeing that render above..I must go and experiment :) One minor question about that render..that breaking wave..is it just my imagination..or is that wave curling the wrong way ? Shouldn't the curve be *facing* the beach ? :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm not ashamed to admit I didn't notice the wave behaving contrary to the rules of Earth. But ... since we deal so much with fantasy in 3D, I'm more than willing to believe the scene is from another world/universe/dimension where waves curl away from the beach.

Or ... there could be a wave machine hidden in the sand.