• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I thought it about time I did a fun render instead of all work.
And I wanted to play around in DAZ Studio a bit, used the scene from Fiery Genesis, then deleted Genesis and all her items.
Loaded in the HWHorse and posed it, added one of my Palomino textures and added some metallic flakes to coat and the mft sets.
Rendered away and no post on it.
So here is the fruit of my labor. :)

Now I am tired and the sandman has sprinkled sleep dust in my eyes so off to bed I go.

flFieryGoldenHorse.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Gilded Horsie! One of the times that you wish the hair wasn't so excellent. Molded hair would make it a lovely figurine.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Taking time to play a bit as I work a little on my Palomino sets.
The color in this image is not the true color of the horse, I did some post work in Photoshop on it.
It is more red showing on the original in SF renders for some reason and I want it less red.

The background is a picture I took of the area in back of our house in the Fall.

Animal Friends1.jpg

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist

So I've been working on the horseblanket and bandages. Textured them and fiddled with gforce. It's rather tricky but the results look pretty ok if you don't look too closely at the buckles. You just CAN'T simulate the blanket with the tail showing!... I even had to hide the tailbones to get it to work! Because regardless of whether I pose the tail and memorize the pose... it will always start with the tail straigt out and then pinch the tailcover down. Hiding the tail while simulating did the trick... mostly.
Blanket also works fairly ok with most morph but needs a bit of tweaking. Definitely not a 'one click and everything is perfect' experience. But if you have the patience you can get very nice results.

Black beauty.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Might I suggest leaving off the part of the geometry that covers the tail? I don't think it will effect the look of the blanket in any significant way to do so. And it might make your life easier.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good thought Dak, and I was just wondering, don't horse blankets have an open seam up the back with a tie under the tail to keep them from flapping around? That way the tail could be outside the blanket, and wouldn't get in the way of the dynamic sim.

Edited to Add: OK, here's a picture of something like what I was thinking of.

HorseBlanket.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The tail flap is correct, it just depends on the type of horse rug you are using. The one Miss B posted looks more like a stable blanket and the one FreyrStrongart has done is a winter outdoor blanket.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
So I've been working on the horseblanket and bandages. Textured them and fiddled with gforce. It's rather tricky but the results look pretty ok if you don't look too closely at the buckles. You just CAN'T simulate the blanket with the tail showing!... I even had to hide the tailbones to get it to work! Because regardless of whether I pose the tail and memorize the pose... it will always start with the tail straigt out and then pinch the tailcover down. Hiding the tail while simulating did the trick... mostly.
Blanket also works fairly ok with most morph but needs a bit of tweaking. Definitely not a 'one click and everything is perfect' experience. But if you have the patience you can get very nice results.

View attachment 35453

From my own unfortunate experience in a similar area; Harry-centric, actually... If you select the tail figure (and/or the mane figure), and then go to the parameters tab, uncheck "Visible in simulation", and the tail (or mane) will no longer affect your simulation at all. You can think of it as the Cloth Room's "Collide with" dialogue. Anything with the "visible in the simulation" box checked will collide with your draping object (and cause problems), while even if something is still visible onscreen, but the "visible in simulation" checkbox is de-selected, it will not influence the simulation at all.

Great job on the blanket, by the way... ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The tail flap is correct, it just depends on the type of horse rug you are using. The one Miss B posted looks more like a stable blanket and the one FreyrStrongart has done is a winter outdoor blanket.
True, I did see quite a few images of different types of blankets. I was just thinking FreyrStrongart could combine that with the look she's already accomplished. Sort of a hybrid of the two types of blankets. Just a suggestion.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
this blanket and wraps are OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what I would do as a user is just make the material for the tail flap invisible, and not worry about it...just my opinion. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
From my own unfortunate experience in a similar area; Harry-centric, actually... If you select the tail figure (and/or the mane figure), and then go to the parameters tab, uncheck "Visible in simulation", and the tail (or mane) will no longer affect your simulation at all. You can think of it as the Cloth Room's "Collide with" dialogue. Anything with the "visible in the simulation" box checked will collide with your draping object (and cause problems), while even if something is still visible onscreen, but the "visible in simulation" checkbox is de-selected, it will not influence the simulation at all.

Great job on the blanket, by the way... ;)
Great to know that VB, but I think this is for DS dForce and I don't know if it has that setting. I just hid the mane and tail when I tried the poser blanket on Harry but I don't think it had the tail flap so didn't need to check out anything else.