• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I had thought of attaching the feathers to individual bones to support a "ragdoll" type physics simulation, but the dForce/cloth room soft body simulation is probably a better solution. ;-)

hm.. feathers are something a bird uses to express mood, so they have to be boned... but you can naturally also go via morph for an initial fluff and give only the ends of the feathers a bit of movement via g-force... I know it is possible to have different matzones to achieve that. But g force and I are not yet the friends we should be :p.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
The inner and outter vanes would be the parts that would be weighted for the softbody simulation, for the most part. A bit towards the tips of the quills wouldn't go amiss, either. Morphs would be the more memory-efficient way to change the feathers' position. Having a hundred or more bones in a simple conformer like that probably wouldn't be worth the processing power for the effect you would get out of it.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
The inner and outter vanes would be the parts that would be weighted for the softbody simulation, for the most part. A bit towards the tips of the quills wouldn't go amiss, either. Morphs would be the more memory-efficient way to change the feathers' position. Having a hundred or more bones in a simple conformer like that probably wouldn't be worth the processing power for the effect you would get out of it.

my thought too. It would be work once to get the morph and the required flexibility comes from g-force.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist

A small animation of the additional skins for my seahorse. These are poser renders so I am pretty happy how they came out.

my seahorse with the geoshell combination Iray renders.

Seahorseskins.gif

four skins2.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Wooohooo!! let me know if you want reference images!! I have the anti pegasus stuff that I will put in the dropbox a few images look sort of like that.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The hippogryff looks splendid. I would definitely be interested in a proper hippogryff. My kitbash works, but it doesn't have proper ears, and is awkward to pose.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
@FreyrStrongart ... I was just thinking about the seahorse and wondering how he's coming along...so beautiful! I want him SO much! :)

The seahorse is in the beta tester phase... again!! I really hope it will work now. I am also getting pretty good results with the poser files, StudioMartillo created a nifty script to assemble the seahorse and take care of the bits that stumped me so far. There is one element that doesn't yet work the way I want it and I need to do the mats for the poser files but I think I can say it will work in poser as well. Especially the mats.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhhh, I was wondering because his face reminded me of 3DU's Axel for Dusk, but Axel's a young teen-aged character, and your cowboy looks a lot taller and a bit older. Then again, the PoV used would make a character look taller too.

Michele

Eager
I just saw these posts with the water horse. Very cool!

I have a Harry render to share. Started this one a really long time ago and finally got around to finishing it up.

Would love to see some medieval horse gear in the store. (And a carnival texture for Harry...and a toon mane and tail too!)