• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
That looks super cool, Freyr!

You could use material layers in Poser to replicate the geoshell feature. Or use a mask to create a decal effect.
I already found the layer feature and it's cool but I have been unable to figure out how to save it as an individual feature that could be applied to an already existing texture. It only makes sense if I don't have to create a separate texture with that layer for every single new texture created. It should be something that can be applied to every new skin you get in the future. With DAZ this is no problem but with poser... no idea how to do it.
I also ran into a problem with the superfly texture. I've tried to make an overlap of faces disappear by way of applying a 'null' texture, but where firefly has no problem to render this ok, superfly is creating either an actual gap (with the poser default material tab) or some kind of weird brown streak with the superfly material tab. Any idea what is going on there?

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
To save the layers only in Poser 11, you would select the nodes of your new layer in the material room, and when saving the material preset you check the box next to "Selected Nodes Only." That preset will then apply your new layer over any other material in the base layer.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by null texture. I would need to see some more details of the setup you've got going on. Have you tried out the files I sent you?

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
To save the layers only in Poser 11, you would select the nodes of your new layer in the material room, and when saving the material preset you check the box next to "Selected Nodes Only." That preset will then apply your new layer over any other material in the base layer.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by null texture. I would need to see some more details of the setup you've got going on. Have you tried out the files I sent you?

Ok.. will try that out soonish.
Haven't yet had time to try the file as I am trying to get the DAZ files ready for Q&A... I will have more time to look into it this evening. the 'null' texture is meant to simply apply total transparency.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Whale Shark!! Doing a bit of testing on FreyrStrongArt's additional textures for the Seahorse!!

Products Used: Harry the HiveWire Horse, Seahorse for the HiveWire Horse, Whale Shark Textures for the seahorse and hivewire horse, BG image is from Antje
I am so jealous that you get to play with these before me! lol The renders are looking awesome!

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Watching the thread with great anticipation and interest, even though I will have to really put my thinking cap on to work up a scene with a hippocampus. Great work deserves great support, even if I don't know what exactly to do with it... yet ;)

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Since I am getting there I am already thinking about the next critter. So... which way should it go... mermen and maids or hyppogriph? Or something completely fantastic on the base of Harry. I can't morph the base character, but I can do add-ons I guess :p

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
...I've already started a hippogriff. ;-)

Hippogriff01.jpg

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I did think I had seen something along that line. Ok. Might think of something else then :D. However... I have been thinking of giving the griphon a feathered neck that can fluff out or move closer to the neck to express emotions. But I know I wouldn't be able to make a morph... it would have been a separate figure like the conforming tail. Still... a feathered mane and tail might be an interesting addition too.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I did think I had seen something along that line. Ok. Might think of something else then :D. However... I have been thinking of giving the griphon a feathered neck that can fluff out or move closer to the neck to express emotions. But I know I wouldn't be able to make a morph... it would have been a separate figure like the conforming tail. Still... a feathered mane and tail might be an interesting addition too.

I hadn't given much thought to giving the hippogriff a feathered tail, but I did intend to give him a feathered neck. And wings, of course. ;-) I'd also given some thought to making an owl breed version of him as well, but that would be an addon character for him.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
If you're planning to make a feathery add-on for your hippogriff, may I request the same "enhancement" that I did for the lion's mane? It would be awesome if the feathers could rustle in the breeze right out of the "box", utilizing either the dForce engine or Poser's Cloth Room. Just a thought... ;)