• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Aye, but what I have in mind is a little different than what Sparky did.
I actually already worked on something like this but didn't like how it came out. Have to try it again. Maybe I will try to use maverllous designer for this kind of mane. and the colors of that seahorse are exactly what I have been looking for. It looks fantastic. Definitely a mat I will try. But I also thought about doing something a bit more muted, maybe in brown tones to make a more naturaly blend between a real horsefront mat and the tail part.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I actually already worked on something like this but didn't like how it came out. Have to try it again. Maybe I will try to use maverllous designer for this kind of mane. and the colors of that seahorse are exactly what I have been looking for. It looks fantastic. Definitely a mat I will try. But I also thought about doing something a bit more muted, maybe in brown tones to make a more naturaly blend between a real horsefront mat and the tail part.
If you want to give it a try go for it! =) What I was thinking of you would use transmaps on the existing Harry mane. Yes, a brown/blueish tone one would be very cool also to blend more with the natural horse colors and also they are very good at camouflage.

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

FINALLY finished...a piece I did to distract from the stress of the fires.... (the Lilac Fire is now 92% contained ...how do they arrive at that precise % I wonder!?)
I had been wanting to use the Gypsy Wagon for a long time now...and this idea just came to me... Lully always inspires with her dynamic clothing!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I think it should be possible to work by making it simply conforming. I already created a few mats to go with it.

huh? OH, does it have a geometry then? I thought it was ONLY for DS.... I don't have/use DS with that DSON Thing.... never could deal with it... but I'll keep watch for an official Poser version!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

FINALLY finished...a piece I did to distract from the stress of the fires.... (the Lilac Fire is now 92% contained ...how do they arrive at that precise % I wonder!?)
I had been wanting to use the Gypsy Wagon for a long time now...and this idea just came to me... Lully always inspires with her dynamic clothing!!
Gorgeous image Lyne!! Love the dancing couple!!
Can you tell me what you are using for Dusk's clothing? I keep trying to find something along those lines to use.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
huh? OH, does it have a geometry then? I thought it was ONLY for DS.... I don't have/use DS with that DSON Thing.... never could deal with it... but I'll keep watch for an official Poser version!

Geometry shells are just DAZ's way to add a new texture overlay to what you already have in the texture maps. With Poser's Material Room you can get the same effect by using the transparency map of the geoshell as a blend node for the original texture, it's just a bit more work (or a lot more, depending on how complex the textures are).

Geo-grafts are a bit harder to work around, but if you like rigging, it can be done... Poser's geometry switching works pretty much the same way as DAZ's geo-grafting, but you just have to re-do all the rigging for the imported prop, add morphs, etc., which is all above and beyond me.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Gypsy Vanner Classic Tack Fit and Western is next.

Pretty close on this! A few more Promos and the Readme! Hope to find time to get it done before the New Year! - Prob will have to re run this the fetlocks are coming out a little dark.
Classic.jpg

Glitter's equestrian jacket would look awesome on Dawn for something like this.

This is Rae's Image on the Gypsy Wagon Harness fit! Thank you Rae for helping me test them. I hope to have this load as a scene, but will also have individual elements like the harness pose, mane over harness pose, tail pose, walking pose.
GV preload M1 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
*Grins* . thinking of that classic line in the Christmas song.. "Dashing through the snow, in a one horse open sleigh...etc" and pondering . Has any one ever seen anything other than an "Open Sleigh? I have seen pics of more that one horse in harness on a sleigh..but never a 'covered sleigh " ??