• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

luannemarie

Busy Bee
There is nothing more precious than a child with her horse.
Title: True Love
True Love 102z.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
This is a roan texture I started last night, still a lot of seam work needed yet. The textures on the hair and eyes are all laurie's as I'm only working on the coat so far. The shape on the horse is from my "continental heavy" although dialed down to 60% and 40% of my "cute pony refine" dial. The Continental Heavy is an amalgam of some of the heavier European breeds, you rarely see purebreds over here.View attachment 30292
oh, this is really nice!!!

Carey

Extraordinary
@CWRW I think I am getting close but not perfect but close IMO.

The Photo reference shows me the photo was taken with a High ISO etc given the sun in behind the camera and yet the sky behind is blown out. So the sheen isn't going to show what Iray would look like at default settings. That is just my opinion. ;)

From what I can see Backscatter isn't going to work as I hoped.

However using Top Coat Anisotropy to spread out the sheen seems to make it better.

Anisotropy Rotations won't work for 3DL (Uber Surface) or Iray given the direction of the the hair (particularly the mane and Tail) on the diffuse maps are in different directions this also applies to the coat. The reason why this is needed is that each hair is a surface on it own and therefore will spread out the gloss along the hair. But you can adjust the rotation to suit the cam angle and get sort of close as shown in image 2 below. I used a value of 0.35 to rotate the direction of the gloss.

From all the work I have done in Iray I could wager on for the sheen to work properly it would need a grayscale map that looks like hair, i;e; a new Bump/Normal maps that simulates hair. We can control Top Coat weight via a Bump or Normal map which adds more variation in gloss.

Here is the initial result. Default Iray Sun/Sky

View attachment 28559

View attachment 28560
great lighting!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Nice work @luannemarie I believe I faved your image either at Rendo or DA. Love the scene @Carey

Gypsy Vanner Morph and Eclipsing Twilight Tulip Textures

Effervessence
Effervessences copy.jpg

Products Used: HiveWire Horse, Hivewire Draft Horse, Gypsy Vanner Morph, Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Eclipsing Twilight Tulip Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, BG is a conglomerate of many different images and photos.

Carey

Extraordinary
This picture began with the handsome Rodrigo on his grand Palomino. Then the Shetland Pony came out and you can see what happened! lol

The following products are from HiveWire3D:

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW
CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 1 by CWRW
HiveWire Shetland Pony by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW
Classic Tack for the HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed, CWRW & Fab3D

Dusk by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Virtual World
CWRW Rodrigo for Dusk by CWRW
CWRW Character Morphs for Rodrigo for Dusk by CWRW

Baby Luna by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed, Lisa Botanicals & Virtual World
Jojo for Baby Luna by Virtual World
Casual Slippers for Baby Luna by Karth
Frills and Spills for Baby Luna by Lully (Dawn Clement)

Songbird ReMix Sparrows of the World (Rufous Winged Sparrow) by Ken Gilliland

Her Pony For Keeps
View attachment 5293
great story being told here

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist