• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok, they are finally here!!

Six morphs including several racing types that can be also used for other breed types and kinds for example your Hunter Jumpers.

Thanks @Rae134 I could not have done it without you being my sounding board and you making suggestions and the 100 + Poses we went through testing them and your Gorgeous renders!!

This image is by Rae thanks for doing him for me, but coming from someone who used to actually do this I love the pose you have here and the capture!!
TB Leggy 3DL dcopy.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Rework on the Anthem for the Angels !!
With all the Hurricanes we have been having lately ! I just thought it was appropriate!! I think I need one of those Vans from the 80s LOL!!

Ride The Lightning And Roll With The Thunder
Ride The Lightning Roll Wth.jpg

Products Used: Hivewire Horse, Hivewire Thoroughbred, Growing Up Thoroughbred morph Heavy Racer, Whispers Gold Coat, Winged Horse for the HiveWire Horse, Firey Genesis light rig in Daz Studio, Background image is from AXLIN sky backgrounds MR, Fitger Forge for the lighting effects on the clouds and blur, lightning is Obsidian Dawn brushes,

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
You are welcome :D:D:D I just hope it is some help, I knew I had done it before but couldn't remember how and Daz Studio has changed how over the last couple of iterations so when I googled it was mostly coming up with the old way. This one is much easier and faster once you remember the steps :)
Sorry just getting back to here!! I looked at it last night,but will probably have to look at it again. But think I am getting the hang of how it works.

Ok, they are finally here!!

Six morphs including several racing types that can be also used for other breed types and kinds for example your Hunter Jumpers.

Thanks @Rae134 I could not have done it without you being my sounding board and you making suggestions and the 100 + Poses we went through testing them and your Gorgeous renders!!

This image is by Rae thanks for doing him for me, but coming from someone who used to actually do this I love the pose you have here and the capture!!
View attachment 30206

Wow, they really do need to add a love button on here, amazing work and renders! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I absolutely love the elongated and graceful proportions on these, Napalm Arsenal. These look like horses that Elves would ride.

And that jumpers pose is wonderful, Rae

Thanks!!! They are kind of loosely based off of the Mearas of LOTR fame, but more Thoroughbred/Akhal Teke. Rae needs to do a set of poses like that I think!!
worked a little more on the Vanner tonight as a break from the cat and the tulips.
Think I have the legs more to my liking and the head/ neck is coming along. Just need those fluffy fets and a nice thick forelock.
JV4 copy.jpg

Thanks!!! They are kind of loosely based off of the Mearas of LOTR fame, but more Thoroughbred/Akhal Teke. Rae needs to do a set of poses like that I think!!
worked a little more on the Vanner tonight as a break from the cat and the tulips.
Think I have the legs more to my liking and the head/ neck is coming along. Just need those fluffy fets and a nice thick forelock.
View attachment 30265
Gorgeous, I love it :) x

This is a roan texture I started last night, still a lot of seam work needed yet. The textures on the hair and eyes are all laurie's as I'm only working on the coat so far. The shape on the horse is from my "continental heavy" although dialed down to 60% and 40% of my "cute pony refine" dial. The Continental Heavy is an amalgam of some of the heavier European breeds, you rarely see purebreds over here.
HWH-Continental-Heavy-Roan-001b3-002.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous, I love it :) x
Thanks!! It's getting there !
This is a roan texture I started last night, still a lot of seam work needed yet. The textures on the hair and eyes are all laurie's as I'm only working on the coat so far. The shape on the horse is from my "continental heavy" although dialed down to 60% and 40% of my "cute pony refine" dial. The Continental Heavy is an amalgam of some of the heavier European breeds, you rarely see purebreds over here.View attachment 30292

Not sure if you have Blacksmith, but it makes those seams a breeze!! Load you model .obj in there and apply your texture and use the clone tool to go over the seam areas. It also does bump maps.

I need to learn how to do those dials and then convert over to Poser. I can extract the .cr2 but getting it to save the scale as a pose has been rather difficult. I suppose I could dial in the char and then save. Still experimenting!

Thanks!! It's getting there !

Not sure if you have Blacksmith, but it makes those seams a breeze!! Load you model .obj in there and apply your texture and use the clone tool to go over the seam areas. It also does bump maps.

I need to learn how to do those dials and then convert over to Poser. I can extract the .cr2 but getting it to save the scale as a pose has been rather difficult. I suppose I could dial in the char and then save. Still experimenting!

I don't have Blacksmith but I Bodypaint which does the seams, it's just discipline, I start making something and get 3/4 way through it and then my brain has fixated on something else haha :)

I opened up Poser for the first time in I don't know how long the other day, shuddered then closed it, I forgot just how grateful I am for the interface in Studio these days! I did manage to bumble through porting some of my morphs to Poser though, I used one of Dimension3d's (RIP) excellent apps, trying to remember which one(s) now - 4am here, possibly PMD edit, DSON tool box or a combination of both of them. Had to select all the DS morphs from the .duf file of the horse and export them to a PMD for poser then, and this I really can't remember how I did it but I managed to make into an injectable that worked in Poser.

What I'm having huge problems with is exporting my poses, they come into Poser all over the shot.

Right going to bed now, here's a nother render of the texture after I ran it through Perfect Effects with one of my presets and then lightroom, then I noticed I had the mane intersecting the shoulder lol. I highly recommend Perfect Effects, it's a lot of fun and even the free version is very powerful.

Just editing to add that it was the DSON Edit app here: Dimension 3D

Hivewire Horse Harry  (7 of 12).jpg

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I don't have Blacksmith but I Bodypaint which does the seams, it's just discipline, I start making something and get 3/4 way through it and then my brain has fixated on something else haha :)

I opened up Poser for the first time in I don't know how long the other day, shuddered then closed it, I forgot just how grateful I am for the interface in Studio these days! I did manage to bumble through porting some of my morphs to Poser though, I used one of Dimension3d's (RIP) excellent apps, trying to remember which one(s) now - 4am here, possibly PMD edit, DSON tool box or a combination of both of them. Had to select all the DS morphs from the .duf file of the horse and export them to a PMD for poser then, and this I really can't remember how I did it but I managed to make into an injectable that worked in Poser.

What I'm having huge problems with is exporting my poses, they come into Poser all over the shot.

Right going to bed now, here's a nother render of the texture after I ran it through Perfect Effects with one of my presets and then lightroom, then I noticed I had the mane intersecting the shoulder lol. I highly recommend Perfect Effects, it's a lot of fun and even the free version is very powerful.

Just editing to add that it was the DSON Edit app here: Dimension 3D

View attachment 30317

Yes, that's what I need to do in Poser, is the inject files, but not quite sure how to go about it. Ah attempted it with a character I made a while ago, but shrug, and I don't have Pro version of Poser.

Hmm odd on the poses. I have not as of yet tried to export animal poses from Daz over to Poser, but can do the human ones fairly easily. You might just have to zero out the XYZ in Poser and then resave the .pz2. I know when doing morphs that sometimes I will have the legs below the floor and then you have to raise the model and save the Y scale in the property so that it loads flush to the floor, or if you want to shoot one or two poses to me. I can try it and see what I get.

I have been using NIK FX Google Nik Collection from google. It's a free Photoshop Plugin, and I also have Filter Forge and Eye Candy!

Ok, talk to you later! Have a good sleep!! Got you on the Dimension 3D.