• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LAMH Fuzzy Kitty

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes, not as handsome a horse's hind(and fore)quarters as Harry. But it is finally a centaur which can be used by any of the G3M figures.

It's not Harry, but it's not the DAZ Horse2 either. And is not *quite* convincing as a "horse". But then, Centaurs are mythical, so the artists could tweak things to make it fit the human half better. I'm a little astonished they didn't bring out the female first.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
phhhtttt... Why feel bad about a whole 'new' centaur and "not being able to use our Hive family models....
I've been doing centaurs for years... it's EASY to use Dusk, Dawn and Harry...
... is one of my best, IMHO... I'm working on a new one now using the newest Woodland dress for Dawn... :)
Just make the right parts invisible, assemble... and if you aren't into post, use clothes! :)

It's also EASY to use the pretty Realms mermaid tail with our Hive characters...

sorry off topic... didn't realize this was the fuzzy hair thread... I'll move this post if it's a problem...

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I agree VB, and I was pretty disappointed at how messy the juncture was, and how they just covered it up with clothing. . Just seemed kinda shoddy in comparison to what COULD have been done.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
RawArt's add-on has a much better merge area than the default. I also notice that his character is not a separate G3M character that can be used without the horse.

His thread in the commons mentions that there may be additional centaur characters in his pipeline (certainly one for the female version, but possibly others.)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I thought it was the DH2 because the coats sure looked like it.

They are the DH2 coats in the base Centaur product but then again stupid me sold those to Daz back when they did the DH2. At the time it seemed like a good idea since they had "had their run" with the Mil Horse, and it was a way to make a little more money off them. So they can do with them as they wish as they own them.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I just checked it out after reading this thread...the thing I like best is the hairs that are in the pro bundle. I'm just a hair junkie though...

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Woke up this morning to be very disappointed. DAZ has gone and released a "full" centaur, and it doesn't use Harry. :( Oh well.

So I went and checked out the centaur because I was curious and I've noticed a trend at DAZ which I think has happened because things don't have Poser support anymore. There's very little detail/info about what is actually included. I guess this is because in DS everything is basically a .duf file, but it's interesting because that means you don't always have the understanding of what's in a pack they same way you do with Poser stuff. Like I've been looking at the new Morning Dove stuff in this store, and I figured out a lot of what was included and how things worked by looking at the file list. I do that all the time with Poser stuff just to figure out what I'm actually buying. For instance with a character set it helps me figure out how much is morphs and how much is textures etc. I know there are often other ways to understand this from promo images and such, but it's easiest to me if I can just see what the files are.

For instance I've also considered some of the new scene sets that have been out at DAZ, and if I know they had .obj files, I'd gram them in an instant, because I feel like I can convert over the textures since they look to have lots of image maps. But. . . despite DAZs front page saying "Thousands of assets for Daz Studio, 3DS Max, Maya, & Poser" if you don't know if anything other than a .duf is included, it doesn't feel very comparable with 3 out of 4 of those programs.

phhhtttt... Why feel bad about a whole 'new' centaur and "not being able to use our Hive family models....
I've been doing centaurs for years... it's EASY to use Dusk, Dawn and Harry...
... is one of my best, IMHO... I'm working on a new one now using the newest Woodland dress for Dawn... :)
Just make the right parts invisible, assemble... and if you aren't into post, use clothes! :)

I remember that image. It's just lovely. Hmm, I wonder if some easy Centaur poses could be created for Dawn Dusk and Harry. Basically a Pose you apply that hides the right body parts, and possible aligns the torso.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
People have been kitbashing Centaurs for yonks. It's not difficult, although it usually requires some postwork.

There've been a handful of actual Centaur figures, which mean less postwork, but much less support. But I recall when Genesis first came out and it was possible to do geografting -- which sparked off a whole new interest in Centaurs and whether it would be possible to do one with a geograft.

Well, it's taken nearly five years, but someone finally did.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I remember that image. It's just lovely. Hmm, I wonder if some easy Centaur poses could be created for Dawn Dusk and Harry. Basically a Pose you apply that hides the right body parts, and possible aligns the torso.

There was a person before the forum crash, that supplied a pose set that made the body of the horse ready for Dawn...and a special trans map for it... I used it, saved my new centaur... BUT that person vanished and I can't share his freebie... I can't even find the readme now. :( It was so long ago. sigh.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I went and checked out the centaur because I was curious and I've noticed a trend at DAZ which I think has happened because things don't have Poser support anymore. There's very little detail/info about what is actually included. I guess this is because in DS everything is basically a .duf file, but it's interesting because that means you don't always have the understanding of what's in a pack they same way you do with Poser stuff. Like I've been looking at the new Morning Dove stuff in this store, and I figured out a lot of what was included and how things worked by looking at the file list.
I just had a look after seeing this and maybe it's because I'm a ds user primarily but I could see looking at the Centaur what there was...so copied this from there page and listed what I would expect from this product to help anyone who was unsure.

What's Included and Features
  • Centaur 7 for Genesis 3 Male(s) (.DUF)
    • Male Centaur Preset I would expect this to load the complete centaur with Genesis
    • Male Centaur Additive Preset I would expect this to load the body of the horse onto Genesis
    • Male Centaur Body I would expect this to load just the body
    • Male Centaur Tail And this the tail only
    • Centaur 7 Hides: Self explanatory it comes with 2 texture sets.
      • Bay
      • Tail Black
  • Textures Include:
    • 5 Texture, Bump and Transparceny Maps (up to 4096x4096)
    • Texture Templates available through the Product Library
  • Daz Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF) (mats for Iray)
  • Daz Studio 3Delight Material Presets (.DUF) (mats for 3delight)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Got it and Rawn's set but no time these days to play. Still working on my apt. So many delay's, I'm so tired of all this but gotta keep going to get Alex moved in by months end (hopefully). So all projects dealing with 3D are on hold. I need to clone myself! lol